2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Code P1470

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Code P1470

hey yall. I stated in my earlier post about having my engine light come up and i did the turn key switch thing and the code it gave me was a P1470. I couldnt find this code on this site so i looked it up else were and on another site it said it was for a Electrical Malfunction. After i did the key turning thing the code showed up and then said P "done" and my door locks locked except my driver door. Now i just drove the truck home 3 plus hrs and had no problems with it running and what not. What could this code be??? The truck was equipped with an after market car alarm and door locking device but it only locks the passenger door. My driver door will only lock manually not with the power locks on the inside nor the remote. Any help would be kool thanks yall.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

P1470: A/C Cycling Period Too Short

Its actually in the diesel section, a user named Drew posted a huge list of all the codes, although he admits there may be more for 6.7s later on, this is on that list.

Sorry, no idea what it means exactly, but either an electrical problem with your A/C or some sort of A/C failure would be my guesses.

Onto the main problem...

Who installed the after market security alarm?

Does the driver's window work? If you push the power lock button on the driver's door, does it lock any of the other doors? Does the panel on the driver's door roll down the passenger window, or is it not working as well?

On my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee (2004), her driver's door did that. Remote would not lock the driver's door, and neither would the power lock buttons inside the Jeep. The driver's door panel would not work period; didn't light up with the other doors when the lights were turned on, wouldn't lower windows at all, etc. Thought it was the Viper system myself until I did some research online. Turns out the 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees have a habit of pinching and eventually cutting off the ground wire in the wire bundle between the door and the vehicle frame. If what I described also sounds like your problem, thats where I would look. After splicing the ground wire back together (it was completely cut), everything worked great.

Last edited by jasonw; 01-06-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

P1470 = Leakage Diagnostic Pump Control Circuit Electrical

That is what it means for your truck. Not sure about the AC thing.. that's weird..
It's part of your emissions control stuff.... Don't know much about it... But I hope that helps..

Old 01-06-2009, 07:42 PM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

hmmmm ok then lol i guess i might have the place up the road plug it in and see whats up. I plan on getting the exhaust done tomorrow and losing the stock one. As far as the door lock well yes i can lock the passenger door, use the window on both doors with both buttons on the driver door. It just wont lock with it i have to lock it manual, and like i said the alarm wont lock it either but if i lock it manually and try and open either door with the key if i dont hit the unlock button and here it chirp the alarm will go off lol. I think that someone tried to break into the truck from the driver side. The lock key on the ouside door handle looks bent up on one side of it. If its not raining tomorrow i can get pics to show what im talking about lol. BTW nothing is wrong with the a/c or heat both work great and all. SO i dont know.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 AM
BiggBlu601
Veteran

anyone with any more help??

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

I would just have the Emissions checked out, the sensor I believe is in the PUrge canister, and I didn't think you had an AC problem, because that code doesn't have anything to do with AC, it's just that sensor, and truthfully, unless you have to pass smog inspection in your state, it isn't a real big deal... But it is annoying to have that light on.. You could try to check for loose wire connections yourself...

JimK

Quick Reply: Engine Code P1470