2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Re Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Wolf01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re Headlights

Does anyone know what the big difference is between the headlight wiring on the regular Ram & the Sport Ram trucks is? want to change the headlights in my buddy's 99 but its the sport model and the regular lights won't work. Did they change the wiring harness just for the sport models & is there a way to get around it?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:39 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Quite a large difference, as far as lights are concerned, between 1999-2001 Sport models and every other 2nd generation Ram (including earlier Sport models). Earlier Sport models had the exact same headlamps as every other Ram, but 1999-2001 have different, Sport model only headlamps that use two bulbs per side, rather than the regular one.

The bulbs closest to the front side panels are 9007s, a bulb type not used in any other 2nd gen. Those are the low beams. The inner set of bulbs, closest to the grille, are 9004s, just like every other Ram. Those are the high beams.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Wolf01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks! I changed my headlights and bought projector headlights there awesome rarely use the high-beams. My buddy wont be to happy, was looking for the same but they want more money for the sport model, so he'll have to decide what he's gonna do! Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Re Headlights