2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seat Tilt Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Brancajd
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Tilt Questions

Good morning everyone...just recently purchased a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 Extended Cab truck. The guy included the original Front seats with the deal as there are different seats installed in the truck. My question is this...the currently installed seats have a latch on the back that allows the seat to tilt forward, when pushing the seat back, it locks back into place. The original seats aren't locking the seat back into place, they lean forward without having to pull up on the lever...is this normal? Seems dangerous if I have to hit the brakes. I have read someplace that they are inertially locked? Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd like to install the original seats so they match with the rear.

Thanks....Jay

Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 AM
Brian_
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's not normal the tilt should be locked in place when you let off the lever, maybe that's why the other seats were included.

Quick Reply: Seat Tilt Questions