2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buzzing sound under the hood when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

could be your WP shaft that hold your fan is out of true and on it's way out.. inspect your shroud for signs of wear/impact/rubbing from fan.. check fan blades themselves..

could be your harmonic balancer is giving up the ghost.. the nylon bushings wear and you get a wobble.. I 'spect it could first be noticed on revs..

does it happen when you are sitting still revving or while your moving only? that knocks a good bit of the questionable areas out by itself..

Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
talthyren
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
could be your WP shaft that hold your fan is out of true and on it's way out.. inspect your shroud for signs of wear/impact/rubbing from fan.. check fan blades themselves..

could be your harmonic balancer is giving up the ghost.. the nylon bushings wear and you get a wobble.. I 'spect it could first be noticed on revs..

does it happen when you are sitting still revving or while your moving only? that knocks a good bit of the questionable areas out by itself..

Only moving.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM
talthyren
Veteran

Originally Posted by TheycallmeLaramie
I had a buzzing sound like this, check your pcv valve breather and pcv valve ontop of valve covers 3$ fix for me.

Can the PCV cause a metalic buzzing sound..?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 PM
TheycallmeLaramie
Veteran

just something to look at my left passenger side pcv breather valve was making a buzzing popping noise at high rpms replaced and gone. sometimes the pcv breather isnt fully pushed in as well or the hose puts it off axis. I always start with cheap fixes

Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Check the little heat shields that are under the exhaust manifolds and see if they are touching the frame rails.

Visually inspect the pulleys for wobble while the engine is running.

Quick Reply: Buzzing sound under the hood when accelerating