2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gauges! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges! Help!

I've been doing a little of touch ups to my truck to help make it unique. But I've ram into a little bump in the rode. The gauge cluster it self has the little lights bulbs (as everyone is aware.) and I'm going to replace them with red LED ones. But I noticed that the gauges have a laager of like tint that tints the color to the bluish color and if I put the red LEDs in with it it wouldn't give me the red color. So I wanna know what I can do so I can get the red color to come through the gauges.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Dieselweasle
Professional

Take the dash off and get some rags with some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover and you should be able to make them clear; then the light should come through as you'd like.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:42 PM
bjpomeroy
Rookie

Be careful using nail polish. It will also remove the areas of black that you want to stay. I tried this on a Dakota I had and it is time consuming to do it right. Ended up messing up the headlight switch and had to buy a new one.

Quick Reply: Gauges! Help!