2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hard Starting 01 Ram 2500

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM
david.qualey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Starting 01 Ram 2500

My uncles truck has developed a hard starting issue. I have narrowed down to a fuel leak / drain back issue.

Here is where I have the problem. It is in the area of the #6 injector line along the back of the cylinder head. I can feel a line and banjo fitting along the back of the head. But I can not see a damn thing.

I was able to tighten the junction of the return line to the tank / line to the VP 44 and this line that I can not identify. Still have a drip after a road test

What is in this area ? What is the remedy ? He is hoping to leave for Florida the end of the month for the winter.

I have to be 100% that the VP 44 is NOT failing. His lift pump failed sometime about 2 years ago, and I installed a FASS Titanium pump on it. It has been great ever since.

Once started this thing runs like a raped ape. No loss of power, no dead pedal, no codes.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:26 PM
david.qualey

99% sure this is where my leak is coming from.

Will update when I know more.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:55 AM
david.qualey

Well I hope this helps someone in the future.

This one is fixed.

Quick Reply: Hard Starting 01 Ram 2500