2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pictures of rear frame

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 02:56 PM
TSU_Delta_Chi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of rear frame

Does anyone have a picture of their rear frame, preferably with a factory bumper installed that shows where they came bolted originally? The previous owner of my truck put an aftermarket rear ranch hand bumper and it looks like they drilled out an extra hole or two. My cousin has a friend who deals with diesel trucks and he had an extra factory bumper laying around so we swapped. My cousin brought it down and when we were lining everything up it just didn't look right and I can't be sure which holes are factory and which were drilled later. I've been trying to track down pictures that I can reference, but I've come up short so far. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Old 03-29-2016, 05:11 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me know if this is not what you need...

(Just pass side, but both are the same0

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of rear frame-ramrearbumper-1-.jpg   Pictures of rear frame-ramrearbumper-2-.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 05:35 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not certain about the rear, but I know that the front bumper mounting holes moved in 1998 (and the Ranch Hand bumpers are drilled for either, too). At the rear, it looks like the change would permit either the '94 bracketry or the '98, but I could be wrong because I was more focused at the time on the huge half-inch (total) gap between the Ranch Hand mounting tabs and the frame rails.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:59 PM
TSU_Delta_Chi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbd1
Let me know if this is not what you need...

(Just pass side, but both are the same0
Awesome, thank you! That definitely helps put mine in perspective. Now to go out there and jigger with it, haha!

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I'm not certain about the rear, but I know that the front bumper mounting holes moved in 1998 (and the Ranch Hand bumpers are drilled for either, too). At the rear, it looks like the change would permit either the '94 bracketry or the '98, but I could be wrong because I was more focused at the time on the huge half-inch (total) gap between the Ranch Hand mounting tabs and the frame rails.
From all that I saw, the rear frame stayed the same from 94 through the end of the 2nd gen. I could be wrong though, you never know with the mid-cycle refreshes!

Old 03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TSU_Delta_Chi
From all that I saw, the rear frame stayed the same from 94 through the end of the 2nd gen. I could be wrong though, you never know with the mid-cycle refreshes!
I'm again wishing there was a decent wrecking yard somewhere relatively near me.

I just took a look at my factory original rear bumper, and it looks like it bolts up to the same holes used for a recently purchased Ranch Hand rear, with the exception of the Ranch Hand's additional vertically oriented bolt which goes into one of the factory receiver hitch mounting holes. Here's the Ranch Hand from the interior/frame side:

The middle bolt hole of the factory bracket isn't as high above the rear-most, but fits the same slot.

PS: Yes, the damned washers are dished. I'm going to swap in some shoulder nuts and stainless washers soon.

Last edited by UnregisteredUser; 03-29-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Pictures of rear frame