2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 1500 FWD front end kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:43 PM
fitzy33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 1500 FWD front end kit

Anyone know of a good front end kit to get. I have to replace tie rod ends and ball joints. I have seen some kits that have it all. Anyone purchase one or have info on a good one? Seems easier than buying each individual part.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Erin Henrickson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzy33
Anyone know of a good front end kit to get. I have to replace tie rod ends and ball joints. I have seen some kits that have it all. Anyone purchase one or have info on a good one? Seems easier than buying each individual part.
at our shop we use only energy suspension and moog/national for hard parts

energy part number 5.18109R
contains aall of the bushings and sway links

i wouldd just go through either rockauto or your local parts house for the tie rods and ball joints
it is cheaper to buy the ends sperately as opposed to buy a cheap kit, the gen 2 dodges are well know for their front end problems so in my professional as well as personal (i have a 00 sport for my daily) opinion this is one place not to cheap out.

something to keep in mind is the ball joints are pressed in and without access to a ball joint press and adapters is a very chalenging job