2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

yet another body lift question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Nothing2Lose5150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another body lift question

Ihave a 97 ram 1500 club cab 4x4 just wondering if theres any "surprises" when doinga 3"body lift such as extending the 4x4 shifter I know the streering needs to be extended . I just like some input how long did it take? was it easy? and so on, thanks guys.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yet another body lift question

yeah, the steering needs to be extended, the PA kit comes with the ext for the steering, trans selector shift and t-case shifter, no surprises really, i did not have to use the t-case shifter, i did have to adjust the linkage on it though which isnt hard and can be done from inside the cab. the trans shifter has to be extended by welding the supplied extension on. shouldnt take you longer than 5 hours if you stay at and have any knowledge of tools/trucks. i would spray some liquid wrench on all the body bolts the day before you do the install. make sure you take measurements of how far the bed is away from the cab before you loosen any bolts...my bed is closer to the cab on one side of the truck than the other..doesnt really bother me so i havent fixed it. fairly easy and str8 forward project

Quick Reply: yet another body lift question