2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air in coolant - question about bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
barrys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air in coolant - question about bleeding

After doing a search, I have come to the conclusion I have air in my heater core(actually it's my girlfriend truck). Seems like you get a LISLE 24610 AUTOMOTIVE COOLING SYSTEM SPILL-FREE FUNNEL or you jack the front up and start it cold and let it run with the rad cap off and let the air come out. HOW high do you need to jack it up. Will the SUV version on the rhino ramps work(about 10") or do I need to jack it up and put the front on my 12 ton jack stands(min 18"). Heat hasn't been real bad but it is awful now(it was 13 degrees when she left for work this morning). Noise has been there for 7-8 years and started when a dealer rebuilt the tranny. TIA

Old 12-22-2008, 04:30 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

I guess either way would work. Last time My system was open I just used my 3 ton jack. After it warms up ( the engine) just squeeze the top hose until you see no more bubbles.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
95laRAMie
Rookie

at my shop we just let the vehicle run cold and then have the rad cap off till the bubbles start coming out, and fill as needed. once the vehicle warms up just squeeze the top rad hose and make sure the bubbles are out, the funnel is nice if u wanna leave it sit and go do something else, but really u can just watch it, and it wont splash too much if any.

Quick Reply: Air in coolant - question about bleeding