3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Safety Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 04:20 AM
stev98312
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safety Issue?

The 2005 Dakota, although butt-ugly from three sides (looks really good from the back), seems a Solid Vehicle.

But, in my opinion, it has a MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE: the front brake lines.
The rubber hoses that go from the frame brackets to the front caliper are way too short.

Saw one 4x4 sittin' at a dealership with the wheels turned all the way left, so I thought I'd go check out how Dodge implemented the "new" coil-over suspension in the 4x4 version.

But what caught my eye was that the right front brake hose was TIGHT! I immediately imagined some poor soul parting a brake line while making a u-turn, and not knowing until it was too late.

I might sit in one some day just to fiddle with the switches, but after seeing that, I'll never drive one: I'd be too pre-occupied (wondering if the brakes were still gonna work after that last tight turn) to enjoy the ride.

Next time you're at a dealership, have a salesman fire one up and put the wheel hard left or right, as if making a tight parking lot maneuver, and see it for yourself.

Steve

Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
ccdoggy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Safety Issue?

wow, thats kinda scary. would have thought that someone would have caught that in production...

Quick Reply: Safety Issue?