3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

trailmaster lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
themoneyshot
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailmaster lift

i know this has been discussed at nauseum, but how the hell does the lift raise the front 2" when the spacer is less than an inch? has anyone tried a 16 rim with 11mm offset and tire combos with the 2" lift? also is the autolite 3923 the overwhelming favorite spark plug?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: trailmaster lift

i suppose it could be thought of like a pulley system. we have pullies that we lift boats off truck and put them on trailors. we pull the chain very little, but it raises the boat quite a bit...and it doesnt quite give a full 2" of lift. i had new tires and the kit put on the same day. i measured before anything was put on, i measured after the kit was put on, and after the tires were on. i dont have the measurements anymore, but i might have posted them up. it wasnt quite a full 2" with the kit alone, but with the tires as well, the whole truck raised

Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Since the shock doesn't bolt right at the spindle, for every inch you displace the shock height, you'll get more than 1 inch at the spindle.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
djsilver
Professional

The shock mounts to the lower arm about 8" from the pivot, the ball joint is about 13" from the pivot and the actual centerline of the tire is a couple of inches farther out. That means for every inch you raise the shock you'll raise the truck about 1-3/4". That means you'd only need about a 1-1/8" spacer to get 2" of lift.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
themoneyshot
Rookie

thanks for the answers. the geometry makes sense.

Quick Reply: trailmaster lift