3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Grille/Bumper Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM
nola24
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille/Bumper Help

Hey all, I currently have a grey plastic w/ chrome trim front bumper, chrome grille, and chrome rear bumper. I hate chrome, and want to go for a sporty color matched look. Here's my front end currently (before tint):

frontend.jpg

Here's a grille I found on ebay, but I've seen it on one of our trucks.. which kinda concerns me.. But what do y'all think of it?

Grille

Another option, since my truck is silver, would be to maybe get a color matched stock grille, and get some black mesh inserts or a black stock grille, with chrome inserts.

And finally, what are our options for the rear bumper? I searched ebay and google but have come up with nothing. Every now and then I find a busted up used chrome one on ebay but that's it. Help?!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was lucky enough to find another 08 in a wrecker yard with the stock black honey comb so I swapped out the insert kept the matched bonnet and scrapped the chrome. maybe you can try the same or paint yours some places sell cans of prematched paints. as for the bumper again paint you can scuff it up with nothing corser than a 320 grit paper prime it sand it with a 400 to 600 grit paper and spray your colour bake it under a heat lamp or space heater and if you want clear coat it or keep shopping around till you find what your looking for