3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05 dakota slt 4x4 lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to fabtech who did my big girl(6.5" up front, 2" in back) and they had nothing, they pointed me to 4 wheel parts who only have a performance accessories 5.5" body lift..... no way in my opinion, that's only going to get me a bigger set of shoes, not the clearance i need....

Any help IS appreciated...
the 5" lift isnt all body but they list it like that for some reason, its actually a 3" body lift with a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit, but for now is your only option, they arnt bad, you do gain qiute a bit from the combo

however, after all the talk thats been going around, i'm kind starting to get the bug to do some work, and may get started on a real 4x4 lift for these trucks...

here is mine with the leveling kit, body lift and 33-12.50's

Picture003-1.jpg

Last edited by dodgetrucker75; 06-17-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

one of the reasons is because the caravans only source of power transfer is the front CV's whereas the dakotas is the rear. and the fronts are rarely used compared to the rear.

offset what? the shock hoops go straight up so the new coilover runs right down the middle like the factory setup....except the new coil is about 3 times longer and has WAY better attributes.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you should trust him and go visit him at least!!!

and 2 people with $$$ is all we need to have a good lift kit one day

one 2wd
and one 4wd best of the 2 worl at the same time think about it again !!!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker

mine is 5,5 '' lift to

Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

yea i dont have a big fancy endorsement or company name with a state of the art shop. but ive been there done that and i have the tools and equipment needed for the job.....i guess people will trust me once i finish my 2wd prerunner project....damn money problems!!!!!

oh yea and im only 21 so that should make yall think twice lol.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

shoot. a set of lower control arms for our truck is all I need for now. than i can redo my prototype and post some pics to show yall whats up

heres the story. i used to own a 300zx TT so i would drive that around and that gave me space to rip my dakota apart and i made the first control arm straight off the truck....well i sold the Z for money to finish my dakota long travel and started mocking things up and getting with FOA (local shock guys) and found my control arm angle was off in order to achieve good lift. the arm was almost straight up and down. SOOOO im now designing a bent arm but the problem is i now only have one car so the truck cant be ripped apart. i think i might talk with checkers because they stock our control arms so i can make a jig and start a thread for yall to critique....but i dont think they will let me return the control arms once i make the jig....thats why im trying to get some junkyard arms in my possession

Last edited by projektdirtfab; 06-17-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

bad news for all you warranty savers! ive decided my kit will now delete the inner fenders and cutting off the upper coil perch. will be making one of these bad boys....thanks giant for the inspiration

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

good news and bad news dak my warranty is almost done but I've voided it a few times now anyways bad news don't have the cash but maybe something can still be done

Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

I'm waiting on that article from petersens 4wheel off road on that 2006 dakota w/ the SFA! When i figure out who has done it, and how they did it...I might be tempted to get my truck riding up on some 35's (not the 44's like the guy has)!

Old 06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

im with you on that one pops I picked up that copy of 4wheeler lol just cause of the one pic

Quick Reply: 05 dakota slt 4x4 lift kits