3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

power window failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 12:51 PM
ADFALK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window failure

My 2008 passenger windows won't go down in the front or the back, the drivers controls won't work for both passenger windows, the front passenger window controls don't work however the rear passenger control does work... when i press the button for the window i can tell that its still draining power through the a/c and lights. i changed the fuse its not that, so is it the motor or regulater ? or something else i can't think of?

Last edited by ADFALK; 04-16-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Soco3087
Rookie

Originally Posted by ADFALK
My 2008 passenger windows won't go down in the front or the back, the drivers controls won't work for both passenger windows, the front passenger window controls don't work however the rear passenger control does work... when i press the button for the window i can tell that its still draining power through the a/c and lights. i changed the fuse its not that, so is it the motor or regulater ? or something else i can't think of?
I have a 2008 Dakota as well and I have had to replace the window motor 3 times already for the same problems. For some reason the motor get full of water and short out. Sounds like there is a design flaw with the window seal or something letting the water through. Sorry to say but your gonna need to replace the motor.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Mark2002

I had to replace the passenger side on my 2007 as well. You can do it yourself and save some money. I just did one on my Grand Cherokee too.

Quick Reply: power window failure