3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Lifting the 3G Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Albert
Found a pic of a leveled Durango on this site.. Looks really good IMO. Those tires looks awesome as well... I'll be doing this soon.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...eling-kit.html
Note their comment that you should not do this to Durangos with auto-leveling suspension. Also wonder what this does to the auto-leveling of the factory HIDs.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know will a 265/70/18 tire fit the Durango? The diameter is 32.64 opposed to the Orem tire 30.5? Also does the Durango allow you to changes tire size for speedometer correction?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Dodgemack
Rookie

Does anyone know will a 265/70/18 tire fit the Durango? The diameter is 32.64 opposed to the Orem tire 30.5? Also does the Durango allow you to changes tire size for speedometer correction?
I'd like to know if that size would fit as well without rubbing or a lift. I've been trying to figure out what the biggest size tire I could get and not have it totally mess with performance. Hmmm. Would be great if someone more knowledgeable than me could chime in. Thanks

Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Ryan Albert
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the leveling kit for now, once I install that I'll figure out what I'm gonna do with wheels and tires.. I'll keep updating this thread with the progress.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Easyryder01
Professional

Definitely interested in leveling and possibly llifting the Durango a little.....I'm too tall and feel like I'm getting into a car instead of an SUV. Love the handleing compared to my previous aspen but miss the height of my aspen.

I ordered the leveling kit for now, once I install that I'll figure out what I'm gonna do with wheels and tires.. I'll keep updating this thread with the progress.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:04 PM
kyle13
Amateur

im interested in this too, i plan to lift mine and put some bigger tires on it! i have yet to see an 3rd gen off road durango.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Easyryder01
Professional

Well after speaking with not the company mentioned previously but with rocky road.com the fella has mentioned to me that I can now put on after a leveling kit 31" tires and no need for spacers. The lift kit for 2.5" can't be used on jeep grand Cherokees with the auto air adjustable suspension because you can't keep the vehicle at the raised height in anything above 15mph it will auto adjust downward and the bigger tires will then cause a problem. Also on the jgc you can fit 32.5" tires with the lift kit. Also some good news is that if we get a few people together for an order we can get up to 20% off our purchase.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:25 PM
kyle13
Amateur

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
Well after speaking with not the company mentioned previously but with rocky road.com the fella has mentioned to me that I can now put on after a leveling kit 31" tires and no need for spacers. The lift kit for 2.5" can't be used on jeep grand Cherokees with the auto air adjustable suspension because you can't keep the vehicle at the raised height in anything above 15mph it will auto adjust downward and the bigger tires will then cause a problem. Also on the jgc you can fit 32.5" tires with the lift kit. Also some good news is that if we get a few people together for an order we can get up to 20% off our purchase.
id be down! i just dont think were going to have many people trying to do what were trying to do. ive seen that majority of durango owners go towards big rims and more of a street truck approach

Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 AM
COACHRUD

I am not mechanically inclined so pardon my ignorance. I've been considering leveling my 2011 D as I'm sick of my front end scraping. What (if any?) is the difference between the Tuff Country & the Rocky Road kit? Thanks!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Easyryder01
Professional

The difference from what I understand is the rocky road leveling kit goes on top of the strut assembly requiring no disassembly of the strut itself. The Tuff Country requires a spacer in top of the spring which not only forces you to either buy or have the need to use an outside source to complete the job in which case making it more expensive and not a " 100% do it yourself " job. Second thing is that when you compress the spring in any vehicle it will change the ride qualities which some people may not have a problem with and most people will. The ride will be much stiffer compared to the Rocky Road adapter which leaves everything the same and just lifts the front. I'm leaning more towards doing the leveling kit versus the lift kit but the cutting of bolts in the strut assembly is what gets me because if you don't like the leveling kit you now have to buy these cheap 6 bolts from the dealership and have them pressed back in. No longer an inexpensive route if you decide to remove.

Quick Reply: Lifting the 3G Durango