3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Lifting the 3G Durango

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015 | 08:58 AM
NYHunter1

I used the kit from http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html the wheels are 20"x 9" +20 offset Fuel "Beast" and 275/55 R20 Goodyear DuraTrac from https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tnum=755SR0WDT I also removed the load leveling shocks (that made clunking noises) and replaced with Monroe Reflex shocks and Dorman upper mounts (which stock rattled also) 5 hour install time w/ alignment. Rides Great, Handles Awesome and gets me where I need to go....Very Happy with these mods.....Good Luck

Old 09-01-2015 | 09:02 AM
Mackie08

Originally Posted by Drknsurfur
Thanks for the help man. Im kinda toying with the idea of just putting on new tires with the kit and seeing what i can fit. Im looking at maybe 275/60R20 and i compared to what you have and it seems to be just a tiny bit smaller. I just cant seem to find my OEM rim offset but i believe its +20? Do you think that would fit? I ordered my Leveling kit today though so Im curious to what its going to look like.
Hey there,

It should fit, I found that my stock wheels had a +54 offset.i had the 20" chrome rally package wheels..well good luck on everything. Your gonna love it

Old 09-01-2015 | 09:04 AM
Mackie08

Originally Posted by NYHunter1
I used the kit from http://www.rocky-road.com/wk2-lift-kit.html the wheels are 20"x 9" +20 offset Fuel "Beast" and 275/55 R20 Goodyear DuraTrac from https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tnum=755SR0WDT I also removed the load leveling shocks (that made clunking noises) and replaced with Monroe Reflex shocks and Dorman upper mounts (which stock rattled also) 5 hour install time w/ alignment. Rides Great, Handles Awesome and gets me where I need to go....Very Happy with these mods.....Good Luck

That looks awesome!!the paint color and the wheels go perfect

Old 09-02-2015 | 12:10 PM
Clemson92
Default Suspension/lift questions

New member here, and love the lifted 3rd gen Durangos.

I am looking to buy a 2014 or 2015 R/T, and noticed some list "Auto-leveling suspension" as an option. So I have two questions.

1. Would the "Auto-leveling suspension" prohibit me from using any of the lifts described in this thread?

2. Are there any other options/features to the 3rd gen Durangos (or specifically an R/T) that would prohibit me from using the lifts described in this thread?

Thanks in advance,
Clemson92

Old 09-03-2015 | 08:16 AM
NYHunter1

read this http://www.zf.com/na/content/en/unit...ivomat_us.html this is how the auto leveling in our D's work, (when they work) I took them out (read above) and am very happy with the Monroe's I put in. that auto leveling system is supposed to be helpful when towing or hauling alot of stuff in the rear, I rarely do either (I have a Ram for that) everything I listed above has worked out great check out "TheKoning" he is another member on here who gave me my inspiration last year to do this.

Old 09-13-2015 | 01:51 PM
Clemson92
Default Clarification on Tire Size and Different Lifts

Originally Posted by Mackie08
Hey there,
I'm so glad to see more people doing this now, yes I do have the rough country leveling kit. The tire size I had to go with to avoid any rubbing with no trimming at all is a 265/65/18..I wish I could have went a little bigger. That size converts to 31.6 in tall..10.5 in wide. But you may be able to go a little bigger because of your offset… They told me at discount tire that mine would clear a little more if they didn't stick out so far .
but with the tires I have on there now, there is absolutely no rubbing. Good luck with everything, let me know if u have any other questions.

Mackie08,
I absolutely love the stance of your D, so much I've cut and pasted a lot of information from this thread to use in my discussions with a local suspension shop. In post #48 you mention 265/65/18 tires, and in post #39 you mention 265/75/18. I just want to confirm which tire size you are running in the posted photos.

Also, I got a little confused in the "back and forth" between your lift and the lift done by Jur. Am I correct in saying Jur used the RRO 2.5" lift and you used the Rough Country 1.75" FRONT lift (doing nothing to your rear)?

Thanks again for the all the details and the inspiration!

Clemson92

Old 10-19-2015 | 10:47 PM
Tate Brandt

Installed 1.75" Lift/Leveling Kit and some Truck tires (Nitto Terra Grappler G2s) turned my kid carrier into a mean looking mud machine! 2013 Dodge Durango R/T now has lots attitude to go with its power and speed!

Last edited by Tate Brandt; 10-19-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2015 | 09:51 PM
Easyryder01
Professional

Did anyone who did the 2.5" RR kit take any pics of the lift install itself as well as the parts ? I did a similar lift to my 2007 JK wrangler and the ride became very different from stock and it no longer had that nice factory ride and I don't want to do that to this vehicle since I like the way it rides so nice. I'm also not planning to change out the rear shocks but I'm curious of this sound/rattle in the rear when I get a little light or air in the back.....I assumed that it would be the spare tire rattling due to its spring mount on the cable system. But this Dorman mount is intriguing me. I have also changed out my tires and am no where near changing them again anytime soon. I'm really on the edge of getting the kit from them since I don't want to go into the winter using my front fascia as a snow plow and don't want any more damage as this pass winter did already.

Last edited by Easyryder01; 11-05-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2015 | 10:50 PM
mprine

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I just registered to the site to post my recent lift. So everything we know says the Jeep GC suspension is set up *******ly the same as our Durangos. So far I've only seen the RRO lift installed on durangos but no suspension lifts. So I decided to do it! I bought the Eibach 2" lift for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's almost complete but I had a hiccup with the rear shocks. Should be on this week and I'll be able to post pictures. Hoping to raise some eyebrows. Even with stock rear shocks it looks sweet!! I'll hurry as fast as I can.

Old 11-22-2015 | 02:59 AM
CaliRT619
Default RRO Leveling Kit

Long time lurker... First time poster.. loving the lifted Durangos.. I have the RRO front leveling kit and I love it.
Mine is a 2013 R/T with 20" Worx wheels and 275/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT2s.

Really interested in the Eibach WK2 Suspension install looking forward to seeing fitment and ride quality!

Cheers!

Aaron

Quick Reply: Lifting the 3G Durango