3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks bro for updating this thread. You, Steve and only a few others have run both the Diablo and Hypertech on their rides. It's great to have honest feedback. My Hypertech has performed as advertised and I can remove it in 5 min or less for service if need be. It's a great mod for the family ride where I don't need to change 200 Perameters and cross my fingers I don't light up the dash.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Easyryder01
Professional

The seat belt chime eliminators were only about $8 and it's really not to eliminate the chime but the info light on my screen cluster. Then I have to press back constantly every time I started up again. Either way for $8 it makes me mentally happy and I don't have to ask my wife (the passenger) to put her belt on cuz of what's annoying me. As far as the tuner feedback goes I appreciate the honest to goodness statement. Good luck on selling your tuner. I'm a wrench turner and knowledgeable to an extent of my vehicles, but I do all the tuning on my Harley and don't feel like doing the same kind of work on my daily driver.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM
salrt
Professional

Good write-up on the tuners vs. Hypertech. I have my Hypertech on the way, should be here this week. My biggest complaint is the shifting in this thing. When it is in ECO mode it will bog and studder before it will upshift. Most of the time I get irritated and just do it myself. I hear this is much better with the Hypertech. I want a little better throttle response, shifting and maybe a little more power, but this is my DD. I just sold my 620rwhp Saleen Mustang last Fall because I got tired of finding the 'next weakest link'. I was constantly messing with something. The car was just not made to put down that kind of power. My DD and toy is now the Durango and I don't plan on making the same mistake. The thought of supercharging it went through my mind, but I just let it keep on going. After all, this is a big heavy SUV! Granted it is nice, but it is what it is...

Last edited by salrt; 03-24-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Easyryder01
Professional

Just installed my Interceptor today and took on a few rides and I'm happy with it but curious as to why within this programing why wouldn't all the limiters be eliminated ? Throttle is nice, shifting seems nice, butt dyno is nice. I just don't see the $359 price for this, maybe $249 but definitely not $359. Hook up is a piece of cake with the minor exception of one of the pictures indicating where the air intake sensors is located. I will give it a better run for the rest of the week and see how I feel about it.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 PM
salrt
Professional

Got mine installed today. It was really a piece of cake. I routed it around so if you didn't know it wasn't stock wiring, you couldn't tell. Maybe someone can explain the problem with the fuse box. I took it apart like it said but it wouldn't fit like the directions said. I kind of wedged it into a blank spot between the stock wires and it went together fine. Is there something I need to watch out for? Everything else went without a hitch. I only drove it to my son's baseball game, but I did notice the increased throttle response and better shifting. The butt dyno also felt pretty good when I stuck my foot into it. It is definitely a good upgrade for what I paid. Thanks Wash Man for the great deal!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you like it. I thought it did great in the 14' in regular mode. Hypertech emailed me after I sold you mine so maybe they will fix the issues with the 14' and I can try again in the future.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Easyryder01
Professional

Its been a few days now since I have it, I appreciate and enjoy the pep in the pedal, as smooth almost unnoticeable crisp shifting, there seems to be a power gain as well. I did call Hypertech to inquire as to the speedo governor and maybe even the rpm governor being eliminated and the tech said that this is the only device they have other than a speedo adjuster and neither one eliminate the governor we have on our D's.

Last edited by Easyryder01; 03-30-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:38 AM
woblik
Veteran

The hypertech wont alter anything to do with the governor or the rev limiter at all as it doesnt alter the programming or electronics. It only alters sensor reading to maximize the performance. Hence why its safe and less noticeable by a dealer. If you want those features, a diablo is your only bet, but you may get some glitches and a voided warranty from it. But thats only a possibility.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Easyryder01
Professional

I think that's the only thing that's missing that would make this a $300 item. I've always used Hypertech stuff because they always made me safe on install and removal back to stock. It played right up to the edge without looking over. I appreciate and understand what they did with this setup but wish somehow that another connection somewhere it would have eliminated the governers in our D's. I agree with what you're saying on the Diablo and that's not where I wish to go......I do enough tuning in my Harley I am not going to put my DD through that.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:19 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

IS this still a viable option ?
I found this old thread from MArch 2014, I just get a Durango R/T, and I feel the sluggish of the line, and would lover higher MPG.

Is there something new out there that's getting all the business ?

Quick Reply: Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!