3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Help with uploading music to 430n

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM
firemanprice
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help with uploading music to 430n

Hey guys, yet again I could use your help on something that is surely simple right. I have 28GB available on my 430n. I have a total of 83 songs I wish to upload, however my 430n will only take 53 of them. It doesn't even see the rest of music on the thumb drive. All Music came from my iTunes account. It's showing on my 430 that I'm now using 0.5GB, with 27.5GB available. What am I doing wrong, went back to my computer to check on the files and they are all there. I'm confused now and I hate being confused.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

The other songs could be blocked
The Radios both the 430n and the 730n do not allow copyright proteected music to be stored
My guess would be some of those are just that. There is a section in the manual for the Radios that discusses this.
How did you get your itunes onto thumb drive? I cant even get that done. My girls want to store their music and I cant even get it on a removable to get any of the songs.
STEVE

Old 03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
firemanprice
Professional

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
The other songs could be blocked
The Radios both the 430n and the 730n do not allow copyright proteected music to be stored
My guess would be some of those are just that. There is a section in the manual for the Radios that discusses this.
How did you get your itunes onto thumb drive? I cant even get that done. My girls want to store their music and I cant even get it on a removable to get any of the songs.
STEVE
I have a iMac, I just opened my iTunes and my flash drive next to each other on the screen. And just drag and drop, that's it.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 AM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 430N as well, took me a few tries to figure it out.

First of all, note that the system will allow you to import the same song twice, and there is no way to remove a song once you import it, other than wiping the entire collection and starting over. Don't ask why I know that.

Songs you bought on iTunes can't be imported directly, ie you can't grab the file from your library, copy to a thumb drive, and get the D to read it. It's Apple's proprietary format.

Secondly, the D does not seem to recognize files within folders. So all the mp3s need to be on the same top level of the thumb drive, not in a folder for each album.

And the workaround for getting your iTunes purchases into the 430N: Use iTunes to make a playlist of your purchased music. Burn the whole collection to standard audio CDs. Then import the music from the CDs. Sound quality is still pretty decent, but not as good as what you would get if you plugged the iPod into the system.

If this is music that you ripped from your own CDs into iTunes and it's not working, be sure that you go into the iTunes settings and change it to mp3 format so that future recordings that you make will be more universal.

Steve

Old 03-23-2013, 03:48 AM
firemanprice
Professional

Originally Posted by wi-steve
I have a 430N as well, took me a few tries to figure it out.

First of all, note that the system will allow you to import the same song twice, and there is no way to remove a song once you import it, other than wiping the entire collection and starting over. Don't ask why I know that.

Songs you bought on iTunes can't be imported directly, ie you can't grab the file from your library, copy to a thumb drive, and get the D to read it. It's Apple's proprietary format.

Secondly, the D does not seem to recognize files within folders. So all the mp3s need to be on the same top level of the thumb drive, not in a folder for each album.

And the workaround for getting your iTunes purchases into the 430N: Use iTunes to make a playlist of your purchased music. Burn the whole collection to standard audio CDs. Then import the music from the CDs. Sound quality is still pretty decent, but not as good as what you would get if you plugged the iPod into the system.

If this is music that you ripped from your own CDs into iTunes and it's not working, be sure that you go into the iTunes settings and change it to mp3 format so that future recordings that you make will be more universal.

Steve
Thanx Steve I will give this a try.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Wuaname

Any other way around this? I guess small detail the dealer forgot to tell me when he said I could upload my music. I have 10-15 gigs of iTunes purchased music so copying to cd is not realistic.

I have the 430 system on my 2013 Durango.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 AM
pjw1967
Veteran

Real Player will convert ITunes format to .mp3 as will Roxio. Real Player looks to be one at a time, while Roxio will convert a batch. In either case be very attentive to where the converted file is stored so you're not spending time trying to find it later.

Quick Reply: Help with uploading music to 430n