3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

"Enemy" pop-ups?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Enemy" pop-ups?

I assume I'm not the only one seeing pop-up ads here for Mazda, Ford and other auto makers. I understand marketing, but to allow you competition to sell their products in your house? How many NFL games do you see being advertised at baseball parks? Or ads for Yale while strolling the Harvard campus? Or Obama placards at a GOP affair?
I know this site isn't free and the owner need to generate income somehow, but . . . .. I don't know.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed that if you open a new tab and search something, then go back to this site the ads are for the product you just searched, LOL very scary how they are watching everything you are doing!!!!

Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM
SlvrShrk
Professional

Hmmm....mine are all for **** sites....weird.....

Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlvrShrk
Hmmm....mine are all for gay **** sites....weird.....
ohhhh myyyy!!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 PM
SS2RT
Captain

this is not a dodge affiliated site I'm sure so they aren't concerned about ad content, only ad revenue - totally understood, price we pay to have such a place to congregate!

But when browsing from my iphone or ipod touch which is basically 95-99% of the time, the ads display too big to "X" them out - maybe by (bad) design! but likely needs a dev to tweak/fix - and I have to inconveniently turn my phone twice to get it sized right to close the ad...

annoying to the point that i hesitate to come here at times

not to mention the frequency of pop up ads is a bit much sometimes, moreso lately...and the content is repetitive to the point I will hate a specific product or advertiser!

I get the verizon ad 20 x's a day i think lol...and I am ALREADY a verizon customer for every product they are throwing at me...and trying to sell me a cadillac while frequenting a dodge forum is a bit silly ( GM U SUCK! I told you already I wouldnt drive another GM even if my only other option was a razor scooter (even if its a push non-electric type razor, I'll take it!)

theres a fine line between useful, pertinent, subtle advertising and blatant harassment!

Quick Reply: "Enemy" pop-ups?