3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

looking for a little help from everyone.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by detailsbyfrank
It's cool. When you have someone take your credit and goes out on a shopping spree leaving you to fend with the bill(s) you will see it in another view. Especially when it is thousands of dollars which is mere pennies to some.

Also, when a dealership or anyone running credit for that matter runs the credit with an agenciy or company, it sits on your credit report in the inquires section for 30 or more days. It also lessons your score when you do this frequently in a short time frame.
If you've had your credit card/line stolen and used I sympathize with you even more. That's another bad rap that takes a long time to get out from under. As far as I'm concerned, that's a lot worse than your car smoking on certain inclines.

And yes, every check of your credit goes on your file. That's why I don't have a Target, Walmart, Dodge, ... and every other credit card. I have a couple majors and that's it. But it's not that bad if you are doing it as necessary for legitimate reasons. If your score is constantly being checked because there are question, then that raises more questions. But if you are good with your credit, running it again for another car will make little difference. It should be the least of your concerns considering the lemon. Focus on what's important with this issue. Getting the car fixed, or getting out of the deal because it's a lemon.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

I guess in the end what I am looking to do is a switch out of the vehicles. In my looking through laws and paperwork, it is not unheard of.

I know the lemon law really well as I sued Chevy before for one. I am not trying to let this get that far. They made a good solid offer to me on getting into the 2014 with the EPD and transferring my lifetime warranty and whatnot, but I am worried that they are going to give me the shaft on the trade. I know everyone needs to make money and I am not really trying to ask way outside the box for anything.

I just think that since my contract started 38 days ago and nothing has been made payment wise by me and will not be until Sept that it would be easy for Chrysler or the owner of the dealership make a call or two to the lenders they are getting people auto loans from and ask to just switch out the vehicles. The pricing for the new model cannot be all that far off from what some of us paid for 2013 models.

Plus, for all the troubles I have had between the Journey and now the Durango, I would think Chrysler would thank me for not going after them twice legally and give me a decent discount. But if not then I guess I will have to do what I gotta do.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:38 PM
sinn
Amateur

Dealer can do whatever they want - tell them you want an even trade or your money back - period!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:08 AM
JRRF
Captain

I just think that since my contract started 38 days ago and nothing has been made payment wise by me and will not be until Sept that it would be easy for Chrysler or the owner of the dealership make a call or two to the lenders they are getting people auto loans from and ask to just switch out the vehicles. The pricing for the new model cannot be all that far off from what some of us paid for 2013 models.

Dealers can't do "whatever" they want, and this is not going to happen. They should help you out so as not to go through the lemon process, which is not good for them either. But your car will become a used care under all circumstances and not have the value of the new one even if it was 1 day old. And the bank, be it Chryslers finance arm Ally or some other, will not swap cars on a loan. One loan/lease will be closed out and a whole new one opened. There simply is no option on that for them.

If you get out of this for less then 3K you will be lucky.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My curiosity centers more around understanding the true root cause for this smoking issue. I can’t imagine all the Hemi owners in cities like, for example, San Francisco that park their cars on the hilly streets, having this smoking problem.
We heard oil in the intake being a possibility, thus the catch can, but, there shouldn’t be (that much) oil in the intake in the first place, just air and fuel, and in the case of direct injection, only air. I know, there is the PCV system to "re-inject" hydrocarbons from the valve covers back into the cylinders to reduce pollution.
I can imagine the car at a steep angle where the oil shifts to one end of the oil-pan and the crankshaft and rods for the 1st couple of pistons are submerged in the oil; I suppose this could end up getting oil into the combustion chamber when first starting the engine, resulting in the burning oil. I guess an improved baffle design in the oil pan could address the issue. Otherwise, the other solution may be to convert to a dry sump system.
One of the most important aspect of the design is for the oil pump’s pickup feature to be always immersed in the oil, under various steep angles, so proper lubrication of the engine takes place.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Its nothing to do with the oil pan the oil is splashing or blowing out of a very small resevouir in the INTAKE manifold designed to catch oil from PCV system. The oil gets pushed thru the PCV system under hard acceleration.
STEVE

Old 08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
delacruz.charle

I know the lemon law really well as I sued Chevy before for one.
They worked with me a little (I do mean a LITTLE) on pricing for this new truck we have since we traded in a 2010 Journey (total lemon) that they knew was a lemon in which they sold me three years ago new.
I have been content with my DD R/T AWD since I got it May this year, and I don't really have any unique concern or question to post about, that has not been covered by existing posts. I've run about 2800 miles on it now. I enjoy viewing the pics, reading the posts, Q&A and tips though every now and then.

detailsbyFrank, it looks like you've had 2 lemons in the past - a Chevy vehicle and a Dodge Journey? And now you may possibly have another one? This is not the usual run rate, but I would really be extra careful in choosing your next vehicle (hopefully soon). Maybe the pros here can give advice in avoiding these situations. Hope you get things in order with the dealer!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd give the company three opportunities to fix the problem and then go the lemon law route. You have film showing the problem and they've tried twice to correct it, so there is NO dispute that a problem exists. IMHO Chrysler -- not the dealership -- should give you a new truck and eat the costs. I wonder what the price difference between a barely used stock 2013 and a new stock 2014. Whatever it is it's chump change to Chrysler.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:29 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
I'd give the company three opportunities to fix the problem and then go the lemon law route. You have film showing the problem and they've tried twice to correct it, so there is NO dispute that a problem exists. IMHO Chrysler -- not the dealership -- should give you a new truck and eat the costs. I wonder what the price difference between a barely used stock 2013 and a new stock 2014. Whatever it is it's chump change to Chrysler.
Chrysler doesn't give anything to consumers. It's actually illegal for Chrysler to or any car company to deal directly with consumers. Everything has to go through a dealership. Tesla is having a big problem because they want to setup corporate stores and the laws don't currently allow it.

Quick Reply: looking for a little help from everyone.