3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Joining the Durango crowd!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 AM
rvarner
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for the help Slaint!

I took delivery yesterday and I could not be more impressed. The dealer said on Saturday morning they could have had it sold twice before I got there at noon!

Another surprise is this one has a little different options than what I expected. It did not have the Tech package like I expected but did not really care about but it did have the rear DVD and rear center console between the 2nd row captains. Both a welcome change because I have a 4 year old and 1 year old.

I have seen a couple things the dealer needs to fix. One, the rear cargo hatch, where the sub is, keeps coming off completely when I open it. It is held down by 5 locking pins and they want lock into the floor. Is this a common problem?

Secondly, the sunroof doesn't look like it is completely closing. The rear of it sticks up may by a 1/4 inch compared to the front. It just does not sit flush. That's fine if it is normal and I don't hear any wind noise or anything coming from it, just don't want a leaking problem. Do your sunroofs not sit perfectly flush with the roof line in the rear?

Anyway here she is...

Attached Thumbnails Joining the Durango crowd!-img_20130803_132855_420.jpg   Joining the Durango crowd!-img_20130803_132915_864.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

Nice D3 Welcome, We have group therapy nightly and their is a list of approved meds to deal with the mods obsession.

FYI my sunroof sticks up like yours in the back.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 AM
40Cent
Rookie

Nice!!! Blacktop package really looks great..

Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM
V for Victory
All Star

My sunroof is also not flush in the rear corners, no leaks and not even going to attempt to have dealership make it even, I'm sure they would just mess it up even worst.

There are four bolts that hold the rear cover of the sub woofer area on, if what your saying is the whole cover lifts up, then something is wrong. If you pull up the cover with the brushed aluminum inserts along the most rear edge of the back, it clips in and pulling straight up will remove it, you will see two bolts that hold the rear portion of the whole cover assembly and if you open the storage lid and pick up the rubber mat on the bottom you will see the other two bolts make sure the tabs are not broken or the bolts missing. Note: their is a small control box with a wire in it attached to the rear underside of the cover which you would have to remove before lifting out the whole floor assembly, if that wire is not plugged in your DD will not start. Their is a thread on subwoofer replacement which has good photos and directions to give you a better idea.

Good luck with your truck, and welcome!

Last edited by V for Victory; 08-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Sunroof same here its fine
Good Luck with new ride'
STEVE

Old 08-04-2013, 09:32 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the new truck. I have the Huskyliner and while it works/fits fine, I think the weathertech products look better (Do they make them now? Didn't have one when I bought my Huskyliner.)

I have the greyish interior and the grey HUskyliner does not match well with it. It does however keep dog hair off the majority of the rear, with the exceptions of the carpeted humps over the wheels.

The stock radio controls work pretty well for picking a song, artist, album or playlist from my iPod classic 180gb. I like the voice command. Great that it keeps your eyes on the road, but it also is faster than scrolling through menus and pressing buttons.

Steve

Old 08-05-2013, 07:40 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Truck looks grea, congrats bud. If you want to keep money in your bank account, cancel your account here immediately. *** BE WARNED***, the modding bug will chew you up!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 AM
rvarner
Professional

Thanks for everything guys! I am a modder at heart so I know I will start and keep going. I do it with every vehicle I get and this one will be no different.

That makes me feel better about the sunroof. I thought it was normal but wanted some more input. The rear cargo hatch is something the dealer will have to fix, but I will try to check it out. I need to take a picture of what I am talking about.

I drove the family around in it close to 150 miles this weekend and she averaged 18.8mpg. 60% hwy and 40% around town guessing. I was very happy with that.

Let the modding begin!

Quick Reply: Joining the Durango crowd!