3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Not enough power

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SUPERCHARGER, it will improve your mpg's too.
And a less restrictive exhaust and air intake will also improve it.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 PM
RedHotFuzz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
With all do respect to the OP, comparing the 2 vehicles is like comparing a Corvette to a Chevy Cobalt.
Well that's a bit extreme...

Old 03-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Rammajama
Rookie

Originally Posted by Thekoning
SUPERCHARGER, it will improve your mpg's too.
And a less restrictive exhaust and air intake will also improve it.
Ya wana get thrown back into your seat? Then this x 100.
RIPP makes one with truely impressive gains...we're talkin SRT8 type gains.

Everything else pales in comparison and will not net huge results...but they will get you some results.

The rear end gearing is pretty tall as well, what?...3.09s.... So its not gonna geat real quick, real easy or real cheap.

One thing you can do on your own that may improve the acceleration "feel" is to learn to shift it manually.

Good luck.

Last edited by Rammajama; 03-04-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 AM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

...as I think about it now, it might just be that the throttle isn't as aggressive...
That can be easily fixed with an inTune DCX tuner. The Durango is designed for less spirited driving than is a sports sedan, the former has a "gentle" throttle for the soccer moms etc. The inTune will fix the lagging throttle, change upshift points for more lively driving around town, etc. No intake, exhaust, etc will do as much for the $$$ spent. Get one.

n

Old 03-04-2015, 11:28 AM
kell4life
Rookie

I believe one member put in a different torque converter, if you search you'll find it.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:57 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rammajama
The rear end gearing is pretty tall as well, what?...3.09s.... So its not gonna geat real quick, real easy or real cheap.
I believe the 2013 R/T has a 3.45 final drive. I pulled the info from this Car and Driver site (You can select the model):
http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/...o/specs/353193

I just checked the build sheet for my 2013 Crew with the 5.7L and it has the 3.45 rear axle ratio.

Last edited by DDCREW; 03-04-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Originally Posted by GotRPM
That can be easily fixed with an inTune DCX tuner. The Durango is designed for less spirited driving than is a sports sedan, the former has a "gentle" throttle for the soccer moms etc. The inTune will fix the lagging throttle, change upshift points for more lively driving around town, etc. No intake, exhaust, etc will do as much for the $$$ spent. Get one.

n
I just got this today, and drove it an hour after it arrived, WOW was it simple Mod, and really gets to the brain of this setup.
Absolutely setup stock for a Soccer mom grocery shopping, not the Bonfire scene in Breaking Bad with Walt and Walt Jr's Hemis.
It's seems like a restriction has been lifted, and it feels and drives like a V8 muscle car should.

Last edited by plasmageorge; 03-04-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:04 PM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Originally Posted by GotRPM

n
I just got this today, and drove it an hour after it arrived, WOW was it simple Mod, and really gets to the brain of this setup.
Absolutely setup stock for a Soccer mom grocery shopping, not the Bonfire scene in Breaking Bad with Walt and Walt Jr's Hemis.
It's seems like a restriction has been lifted, and it feels and drives like a V8 muscle car should.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM
redalty
Professional

Diablo DCX and Edge racing 3200 stall torque converter. Thats all you need unless youre trying to impress the internet. The Superchargers are making good power but give them 10k miles and lets see how durable its been to forcebly add 50% more power rather than extract the power thats available. Also those are using a centrifugal blower aka no high power unless really revving it out.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:33 PM
redalty
Professional

Originally Posted by kell4life
I believe one member put in a different torque converter, if you search you'll find it.
That would be me. Still best bang for the buck yet (aside from the '14 srt-8 interior swap.)

Quick Reply: Not enough power