3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Diablo Tuner - anyone done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you notice the shake in the steering wheel or in the chassis/interior of the truck? Have you tried rotating the wheels and tires to see if the vibration changes (especially if you notice the shake in the steering wheel)?

-Rod

Old 04-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They just aren't balancing them correctly. Some wheels and tires are very difficult.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:25 AM
LCF
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjap2002
I went to the dealership and tore center they did balancing and alignment already but everytime I reach 55 to 65mph starting to shake they said it's normal because I have big tires.
What is the tyre specs?
Mine are 285/45/22 and i get no shake even on 120 mph.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:26 AM
plasmageorge
Rookie

Anyone notice any improvement from Sean's 87 Tune vs 93 Tune vs MPPG tune ? I'm thinking there's such an improvement with this Tune (I'm running 87 tune), I find it hard to believe there will be more noticeable gains. My MPG is higher with 87 Tune vs stock, I'd consider the 93 Tune, but is there even more MPG gains ?, to offset the higher costs at the pump ? He said the MPG Tune will hold ECO longer, which I do notice the truck kicks it out with any increase in grade or throttle.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:52 PM
LCF
Professional

Well, i've done the diablosport canned 87 tune.
Haven't had the chance yet to check how the beast is on highway and if there are any changes in mpg, but done the 0-60 miles test with stock settings and diablosport settings.
here is the result:
Stock settings - 0-60 Miles in 10.00 Seconds (516 feet)
DiabloSport 87 - 0-60 Miles in 8.94 Seconds (446 feet)

The change that i feel is the throttle response which has became really awesome. The gas pedal became very sensitive and feels great! Gear shifting became faster and i feel it less inside the car (with stock settings, shifting from 2 to 3 gear with fully pressed gas pedal gave kind of shake, well do not know how to explain it - now it is less noticeable).

Have a lot things to do with the tuner, a lot to learn and a lot to try. But right now no time to do so. I will update my experience in here as soon as i do something

Old 04-04-2015, 04:40 PM
NJMoparDad
Amateur

I have an intune with hemifever tunes. I drove mine with a canned 93 octane Diablo tune for a few days before I installed my custom Hemi fever 93 octane tune. The Diablo tune was nice, but the hemifever tune is noticeably better. The tune woke the Hemi up. Much better acceleration and throttle response. And just an FYI: I have a 180 degree thermostat, AFE cold air intake and suitcase muffler delete with an x-pipe reinstalled. All prior to the tune which is recommend.

Quick Reply: Diablo Tuner - anyone done?