3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Brake Rotor / Pad Replacement - Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 06:15 PM
TheHoff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Rotor / Pad Replacement - Recommendations?

My rotors and pads need replacement, does anyone have suggestions. I drive pretty agressively so I'd like to go with something with a bit more bite than stock but that still last. I'd go with the Brembos but I don't want to buy new wheels. Has anyone used the Centric rotors? Are they better than stock and what pads did you go with with? There are Hawk LTS and HPS pads for the 3G durango. Any experience with this combination?

Old 02-12-2016, 09:07 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the Z23 Evolution Sport by Power Stop on my R/T around Thanksgiving. I am VERY pleased with these so far. I did my 1999 XJ and the Durango on the same weekend. I used AutoZone stuff on my Jeep, funny thing is I had around the same amount of money tied up in rear drums, shoes, front rotors and pads as I did in the Power Stop Kit. So, here is what I like so far. VERY low dust, the AutoZone (mid grade) pads junk up my front tires very quickly on the Jeep, the Durango is much much less dust. The rotors on my Jeep are rusted already, the Power Stop showed zero signs of rust until I went to Ohio for Christmas and got into some pretty heavy salt in VA. They now have little areas of rust here and there, overall, still very visually pleasing. Speaking of looks, they are slotted and cross drilled and they look good though the stock R/T wheels. It feels like I have more stopping power with less pedal pressure. I have not had them too hot, so I can't speak to fade. They have a very strict break in procedure, make sure you follow it if you should get them. I would have zero issues in buying them again, probably will for my XJ on the next go around. I did not see many reviews on Power Stop from the Durango crowd but I did read quite a few from the Grand Cherokee guys and they were good. Good luck man and I hope you get something you like. I will see if I can post some pics tomorrow. If you don't mind the dust and are looking for excellent performance I really like my Carbotech XP12's that I run on my Daytona Shelby. They dust pretty dang bad, and are kinda noisy when cold, but my God they break your neck and probably boil the brake fluid before they fade! IIRC I had just shy of $400.00 in just front and back pads from them.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pw.../model/durango

Last edited by shelbymopar89; 02-12-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:05 PM
TheHoff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Stoptech Kit with premium slotted rotors and their pads. I was down to below 5% of pad left on my stock ones and wanted to get it done asap. These were the only ones that were readily available. I really wanted to go with the EBC Stage 3 rotors w/ EBC green pads but everywhere I called quoted me 3 weeks before they could ship them. I'll report back once I have them installed and bed in.

Quick Reply: Brake Rotor / Pad Replacement - Recommendations?