3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2016 Limited Auto Start/Stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM
fdreano
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 Limited Auto Start/Stop

Just bought one of these for the wife December 20th and during the test drive with the salesman and A/C on the stupid auto stop/start feature never activated. We love the Durangos and have owned the previous two generations but this do-dad would have been a deal breaker...

We're retired and don't care about a 2%-3% gas savings..

Annoying; has anybody figured out how to PERMANENTLY disable it ?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

not sure how to disable it. It will not function if the intelligent battery sensor has lost its learned state or the battery is not fully charged.

not sure what your concern is. the vehicle has a special starter and battery designed for the demand of the start/start system. If they were running a regular starter or battery i would agree with turning it off.

The following users liked this post:
Andrew1984 (09-24-2019)
Old 01-11-2017, 08:39 PM
fdreano

My concern is that I routinely drive a 1961 Corvette, a 1963 Corvette and a 1967 Chevelle so if a car cuts off at a stop light its a problem in my 65 year old brain, so some bean counter forcing a new paradigm down my throat is unappreciated... The feature is fine, the inability to disable it permanently is ridiculous.

I'll just tie a one-shot relay into the dash shut off switch as others have done on other makes of vehicles... I was hoping to avoid it.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:19 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

read your owner manual. there is a disable switch in the center stack switch bank. when disabled a led in the switch will illuminate.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:03 AM
fdreano

I read every owner's manual for every car I own....I use the button on each drive in lieu of a permanent solution. I want it diasbled forever, not temporarily deactivated by a manual intervention.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe the battery sensor disconnect would do the trick. It would be nice if the customer could decide. A lot of people don't like it

Old 01-12-2017, 01:31 PM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
Maybe the battery sensor disconnect would do the trick. It would be nice if the customer could decide. A lot of people don't like it
It's just 'different' - My wife and I work opposite schedules so we picked up a Jetta hybrid as a commuter car for triple fuel economy and hybrids, by design, stop and restart the engine multiple time while underway and stopped at lights. It just takes some getting used to.

The additional plus, is that since items like steering and HVAC are strictly electric powered, they don't take horsepower away from the engines.

I have to be honest the 1.4L Turbo gas motor is pretty peppy considering it is only 25% of the displacement of my Hemis.

I do agree that it should be under the EVIC menu with a permanent on/off setting like the blind spot monitors, adaptive cruise, auto high beams etc