3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

DRL Override

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:12 AM
Alpine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL Override

I know there are afew threads floating around regarding the DRL's turning off for turn signals. However, despite what recommendations there may be for safety, I am really looking for some sort of mod or conversion that will keep the DRL's on while a signal is activated.

Not interested in any safety lectures, just a finger in the right direction if you know or have heard anything.

Thanks!

Old 01-19-2017, 07:23 AM
coldsteel
Captain

It is not feasible without cutting the wiring. All of the lights, functions, behaviors, and flashing is controlled by the body control module (a computer). You would have to provide an independent source of power via relays to the left and right DRL circuits.

When the BCM is powering the DRL, the relay would be open, but when the BCM turns off the DRL for turn signal, the relay circuit closes and continues to send power to the DRL.

You would most like want an override switch so that you could turn off the DRLs when parked.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:47 AM
bigal470

if you know someone with a start scan they might be able to program it otherwise somethign like the Tazer will be needed (thats what I use).