DIY Mesh "guttah" Grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:55 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Mesh "guttah" Grill

ok heres what i did, goto home depot not lowes and pick up some hinged gutter gaurd 6"x3' its $1.98 each youll need 4 now get what ever color paint you wish to use while your there i used dulicolor clearcoat heres some pics to show you better on what i did....
this is what the gaurd looks like....
Name:  CIMG2056.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  93.8 KB
now you have to trace out the shape you want it i used my grill inserts to help me on this.....
Name:  CIMG2057.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  81.3 KB
this is the shape it should look like you need a dremel or tin snips to cut the material....now what i did is used my old honeycomb grill and utilize it as support so i cut out a bunch of the honeycombs i didnt want it to show through so i left a little to help strengthen it
Name:  CIMG2055.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  76.8 KB
now you have to attach it to the old grill inserts i used zip ties black ones so you can see them as good....
Name:  CIMG2059.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  74.4 KB
and this is what it looks like put together, this is when i applied my clearcoat i chose to leave it the orig color as i have been blackening stuff and i want a lil color for now(itll be changed this is just a temp grill) if you choose to paint it a color now is the time....
Name:  CIMG2058.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  165.0 KB
and now you have to assemble your inserts back to the grill i again used beffy zipties to hold it back into the original location and voila...."guttah grill".....
Name:  CIMG2061.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  126.1 KB
Name:  CIMG2063.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  127.1 KB
so here my "guttah grill" what do yall think.......

Quick Reply: DIY Mesh "guttah" Grill