3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 1500, How do you remove the radio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
leafs31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 1500, How do you remove the radio?

Just got a 2007 Ram 1500 and would like to change the radio. I have been trying to figure out how to get the radio out. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I have the bucket seats with the large center console. Don't know if this makes a difference.

--Vince

Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
MyFirstDodge
Default RE: 2007 Ram 1500, How do you remove the radio?

I did an ipod integration install two weeks ago on my truck. You can remove the radio in under 30 minutes, it's really easy. I also have the bucket seats w/ center console so here are the steps:

1. Pull the top of the center console off, just grab it by the sides and rip up, don't worry, you won't break anything.
2. Grab an 8 mm socket and undo 3 bolts into the floorpan that hold the console down.
3. Remove trim peice.
4. Remove another trim peice. (I think there is two before you get to the unscrewwing).
5. Unscrew 2 phillips head screws from the bottom of the radio/ac controls dash bezel. They are located near the cigerette lighter and power outlet.
6. Pull off the dash bezel (brushed aluminum looking peice, and ac surroundings are all one peice) just pull it straight out and disconnect all ac and lighter harnesses.
7. Unscrew 4 phillips head screws holding the radio in and slide out, disconnect all harnesses.

That's it as far as I remember it, hope this helps.

Shaun

Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

I've read that you have to take the front of the floor console up away from where it meets the dash. From there, there are 2 screws that screw upwards into the bottom of the A/C / radio bezel. Unscrew those and then just pop that whole bezel out and you're good to go. I did this on my '06 which has the same dash, but I don't have the floor console, so where your console meets the dash, is where my fold-down cup holders are. That is where those 2 screws are, on each end up inside that opening. Hope I helped. If not, try searching. They did a write-up with pictures a while back.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:52 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

Dude, why didn't it show your post before I made mine? Your's is much clearer, that's just wierd though.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
leafs31

Thanks for the info I am going to work on it tonight. One question when you say Pull the top of the center console off are you talking about where the cupholders are I beleive this is what you mean I just want to make sure. Thanks again for the help.

Vince

Old 06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
MyFirstDodge

Nope, there is a part that is the top of the center console (not the black cupholder fittings that you simply pull out) that snaps in and out, and then a seperate peice that is the sides and front and rear of the center console.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 1500, How do you remove the radio?