3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAM 1500 hemi engine removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 AM
tmodlin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM 1500 hemi engine removal

Tranny out the bottom and lift the engine out the top. Going to need a tall cherry picker though, damn trucks sit so high. A ceiling hoist would be nice too.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

Tranny out the bottom and lift the engine out the top. Going to need a tall cherry picker though, damn trucks sit so high. A ceiling hoist would be nice too.
When you are ready to remove the engine, remove the front tires and lower the truck on your floor jack. Wood blocks under the rotors will prevent ant damage if you accidentally set it all the way on the ground. Works like a charm on lifted/tall vehicles!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:50 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: matthew11224

lol just experimenting no just doing work on it with a friend of mine but i want to learn to take it out on my own
You wanna pull it for ****s and giggles? If you just want to tinker with your truck then do a cam swap and have the heads P&P'd....at least there will be a point and you'll see a huge gain.

Quick Reply: RAM 1500 hemi engine removal