Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stuck seat belt

Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 04 4x4 2500 dodge cummins turbo diesel
Default stuck seat belt

I own a 04 dodge cummins 2500 and my passenger side seat belt is locked to where there isnt enough slack to free it, what do I do?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 AM
The DAK Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
2007 Dodge Dakota

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Laramie
Billy lghtngblt02 lghtngblt02
Send a message via AIM to lghtngblt02 Send a message via Yahoo to lghtngblt02

Welcome to DF 04cummins Ill move this over to the Ram Section and possibly the CTD Section. Hopefully one of those guys could help ya out.

Silver Truck Club Member #57
Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Cummins2500 View Post
I own a 04 dodge cummins 2500 and my passenger side seat belt is locked to where there isnt enough slack to free it, what do I do?
This sounds like an issue with the emergency belt feature (when the seat belt locks to keep the person from flinging forward when the truck stops suddenly)

You say there isn't enough slack - am I to assume that its all the way retracted?

Its probably something to do with the retraction mechanism in the seat belt's reel-thingy. Ive had the issue in my balt once or twice with the back seat belts, and in the F-150's at work the passenger that you are describing, but it would lock at about 4 inches of slack from being taunt & fully retracted. Working in the shop on the F-150's -- I played with the belt, sometimes this worked cause you just have to be smarter than the belt safety feature, sometimes it doesnt unlock when it should.

I ended up having to take one F-150 & my balt in for my Drivers belt cause of issues with the mechanism, they replaced the belt because of it.

If you are within miles, I would swing by the stealership and have them look at it, I would say see if you could look at the reel for yourself but major safety things (like the seat belt & LATCH, etc) I don't touch - I let a machanic deal with it...

--Cow-Chick--
Old 04-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Tags
04durangoseatbeltstuck, 2000, 2500, belt, belts, caravan, dodge, locked, neon, ram, retractor, seat, seatbelt, stuck, truck, unlock