3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Not Blowing??? Any Suggestions - Blend Door?//

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 AM
madermu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah....i need to try that????

thanks,

Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Claw
Rookie

On my '06, the recirculation door was causing the same symptoms as the original poster's. Down by the passenger footwell, on the underside of the dash, I removed the three screws that hold the blower motor in. I could then look up and see the broken door just laying there. I reached up and pulled it out. Now everything works great with the exception that I always have outside air instead of the option of recirculated interior air, which is no big deal to me. Total cost: about 5 minutes of time and $0.00.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:45 PM
bbeamer

If the recirculation door is broken it is easy to remove by dropping the fan and pulling it out. You can run without the door but if you live in a climate where it gets cold you will always have cold air coming in. If you wish to replace the door you will need to remove the dash and replace the entire housing that holds the door.

MADMAXIN22's instructions on this post are pretty spot on for that process. I just did this job on a 2006 2500. It is not impossible just time consuming.

Here is a link to the part on ebay. This is where I got mine...Dodge Ram recirculation door

I hope this helps you.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:23 PM
jpk5930
Default same issue on '06, trying heater treater

I finally decided to do something about my air circ issue(s) and ran across a company which corrects the defective, cheap design by various car manufacturers, including early and late dodges. check out heatertreater.net. There are videos which show how to get in and fix these recirc/blend doors without removing the entire dash. They sell beefed up doors at a fair price, and they'll outlast the vehicle I'm betting.

I've only gotten as far as finding my recirc door laying in the bottom of the recirc box. I followed the video and written instructions and had it out in 15 mins. I am now on to the blend door problem which requires removing some of the plastic paneling (which led me to this forum, I might add).

Good luck!
Jim

Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 AM
bbeamer

I will be interested to hear how this works out for you. I looked at the videos and did not see them put the door back in. Will they provide you with that additional info if you purchase their product?

It also looked like they had the majority of the dash apart already, after that proccess is complete you only have about a dozen bolts, which isn't much, to remove the dash from the frame/body to have easy access. It just seems that if you are going to get that far into it might as well go all the way.

I just dont get how they can put that door back in, maybe I missed something in the video, I do that sometimes!

I suggest that you also disconnect the batteries, the ABS module is very sensitive to any voltage changes and will easily turn the warning light on without any other problems existing. Avoid the headache and disconnect the power first.

Let us know how it works out for you, and give any specific helps.

Thanks for the update.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 AM
SHNOOL
Rookie

Or you can pay $850 to the stealership and have them fix it with the same garbage door that was in there before (not one of my better decisions).

Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
jpk5930

Thank for the qord of caution bbeamer.

I only needed to get to the blend doors at the heater core (both my mode 1 and mode 2 doors appeared to be operational) so I only needed to remove as much of the dash as the video.

As far as reinserting the new door, I think I caught a quick blurb in video #3 that mentioned it being a little tricky and taking some finagling to get it back in. I know getting it out was that way.

I have a little more troubleshooting before I order what I need and put it all back together, so I'll be back soon (I hope) to give the final report

Jim

Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 AM
bbeamer

That's the same door I replaced. I have the same truck as you as well, '06 2500.

Also, be careful with the glove box light switch, if you haven't had the dash plastic completely off before this little part gets overlooked. The bulb holder just pops out but if you forget it and pull the dash it breaks real easy.

Brian

Quick Reply: AC Not Blowing??? Any Suggestions - Blend Door?//