3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Heat - 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
dale.loudermilk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat - 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab. The water pump went out and I had it replaced. After replacing the water pump, I noticed I had very little heat, either on defrost or normal heat. The new water pump went out within 2 months, and again about a month later. The shop flushed the system and flow looked good. The engine side of the heater box appeared to have plenty of flow thru it and was hot to touch. During the last water pump replacement we also replaced the thermostat. Still no heat... The fan works fine at all settings, but it does sound like the fan is deadheaded.

I don't know if this is related, but at the same time the truck started experiencing an electrical issue where the radio would stop working. Eventually, none of the door locks, lights, etc functioned until the ignition switch was turned on. However, there is no power to the radio at all.

Also, at the same time I received an error code that indicated a compressor blower fan issue. I found the fuse blown and replaced the fuse. Didn't appear to help anything.

Does anyone have an ideas on what the issue may be with the heat? Are the electrical issues and heat issues related? If it's an issue with the inside side of the heater box, I need instructions on how to remove the dash to get to the heater box.

Thanks in advance....

Old 01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
dale.loudermilk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump to the top

Quick Reply: No Heat - 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab