3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noob here with an 03 QC Hemi SB 4x2 -- Canvas ready for paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here with an 03 QC Hemi SB 4x2 -- Canvas ready for paint

I have an 03 Ram this is ready for some mods. Only thing not stock is the 20" Wheels.

I do have some ideas, but would like to talk with you all:

Intake -- cold air or smooth neck with round cone

Exhaust -- would like to remove cat and y-pipe and go with true duals from headers back... would like to replace headers, but no dinero. Exhaust would come out sides just before rear tire.

Lift -- I would like to get as much lift as I can without destroying the thing. I had a 6" lift on a 99 chevy that fit 35's on it. I loved the heck out of that truck and would like to do something similar but maybe more. I just don't see how 6" will change that much. Is it possible to do a suspendion and body lift? Then how about a levelling kit? I don't know what does and doesn't work together and what you should, can, shouldn't do.

Nerf Bars -- would like the ones that follow the lines of the pickup pretty closely

Headlights -- Halo HIDs would be nice as these are starting to fog a little bit.

Tonnea cover -- soft will work, but I would like to find something that wouldn't rip and is relatively inexpensive... then again I will probably be putting my motorcyle in the back...

Not much on the way of interior mods. I like the wheels that are on it, but wouldn't mind a bigger tire eventually.

I need some ideas for the back glass, too... some kind of emblem would be nice. Thanks for helping me out!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Ironsleeve318
Professional

Four things. Do it yourself if you can, stay away from plasti-dip (haha), I've never seen those type of "Stock" dodge wheels before, they look pretty cool, and finally welcome aboard!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, you might check with the "Forgotten Club" being a 03 model. The link is in my signature.
Lift?????
Nah, it's a two wheel drive, it needs a drop.

Good luck

Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Professional

I've thought about dropping it, but will doing a fair amount of towing and other things... along with the fact that Lubbock is not nice to trucks that are low. With all the dips and valleys in the road it just wouldn't work.

I'd like to see if anyone has the levelling kit in the front with a 6" lift.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

If your really thinkin about lifting it, send a pm Weed's way. I'm pretty sure he has the biggest lifted 2wd on here, he is also very knowledgeable about our suspension and what comes with lifting it.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:18 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get some 3" lift spindles, then a 3" body lift. and still maintain stock suspension geometry. and have 6" of lift. oh yeah, you will need blocks, shackles or leaf springs for the rear as well.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:42 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Intake -- cold air or smooth neck with round cone

Exhaust -- would like to remove cat and y-pipe and go with true duals from headers back... would like to replace headers, but no dinero. Exhaust would come out sides just before rear tire.
See Mopar78's truck

Lift -- I would like to get as much lift as I can without destroying the thing. I had a 6" lift on a 99 chevy that fit 35's on it. I loved the heck out of that truck and would like to do something similar but maybe more. I just don't see how 6" will change that much. Is it possible to do a suspendion and body lift? Then how about a levelling kit? I don't know what does and doesn't work together and what you should, can, shouldn't do.
See Weedahoe's truck

Nerf Bars -- would like the ones that follow the lines of the pickup pretty closely
...straight?

Headlights -- Halo HIDs would be nice as these are starting to fog a little bit.
You can do a custom job like dirtydog or weedahoe, or buy them online. Weedahoe had his for sale for a little bit, maybe he still has them. if not, he can at least get you in touch with twiggy, he sells a good reliable hid/halo light.

Tonnea cover -- soft will work, but I would like to find something that wouldn't rip and is relatively inexpensive... then again I will probably be putting my motorcyle in the back...
take a look at the tonno pro cover. Soft tri-fold, cheap, comes off in a couple minutes.

Not much on the way of interior mods. I like the wheels that are on it, but wouldn't mind a bigger tire eventually.

I need some ideas for the back glass, too... some kind of emblem would be nice. Thanks for helping me out!
old glory

good lookin truck, glad we can manipulate, *ahem* help you make decisions.

Quick Reply: Noob here with an 03 QC Hemi SB 4x2 -- Canvas ready for paint