3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Installing leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
rjvems23
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing leveling kit

So yesterday me and a buddy attempted to install my 2.5 HBS leveling and everything was coming apart too easy would of known you i would run into a problem somewhere. While trying to take out the lower strut bolt i could only get it to come out about half way. I believe its seized to the bushing. Has anyone else had this problem if so, how did you manage to get it out with out torching it and replacing the bushing. Looking for some suggestions i really want to get the kit on there so i can put my 35's on... Thanks guys

Old 01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Jake283
Rookie

Originally Posted by rjvems23
So yesterday me and a buddy attempted to install my 2.5 HBS leveling and everything was coming apart too easy would of known you i would run into a problem somewhere. While trying to take out the lower strut bolt i could only get it to come out about half way. I believe its seized to the bushing. Has anyone else had this problem if so, how did you manage to get it out with out torching it and replacing the bushing. Looking for some suggestions i really want to get the kit on there so i can put my 35's on... Thanks guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QouWcF_yE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWgRGmM_4gU

Heres some videos of a guy putting in a leveling kit on his 3500 i dont know if you have the same thing but it will be close. Hope it helps

Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally, I hated it when they went to coil overs in '06. Torsion fronts are so much simpler. It literally takes 15 minutes a side to jack the truck up and crank the key bolts to level the truck and you NEVER hear of front end vibration like the coil guys complain about. Not to mention there is a LOT more clearance for wider tires without the coils in there.

Sometimes, older technology is a good thing.

When I did the coil spacers on my Grand Cherokee, I soaked the whole mess down the day before with anti-seize, and I'm not talking WD40 or PB Blaster, I'm talking real anti-seize, like Motorex. Everything came out like butta'...

Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Razorhawg
Veteran

wonder why the guy didnt keep the stock isolator.. not like it would do much since there was a hole in it but still

Old 01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
rjvems23
Amateur

Hammer,

I assumed you could pick this motorex up at my local Autozone but they dont carry it. Is this something you cant get at the local parts store or do you have to order from somewhere else?

Quick Reply: Installing leveling kit