3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear door locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
SLT07ThunderRoad
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dodge Cares-

Thank you for the response information, but my 07 does not have remote start. Could it be the actuator in the driver door?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SLT07ThunderRoad
Dodge Cares-

Thank you for the response information, but my 07 does not have remote start. Could it be the actuator in the driver door?
SLT,

It certainly could be the actuator. While I cannot really diagnose over the forum, the actuator may be the problem since it is only one door having the issue. Just wanted to make sure that if there is a TSB or recall on an issue that I post it in case it can help solve the problem. It's always a good place to start and if others are searching for the same issue they can be made aware of the TSB even if it didn't solve your issue. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM
9000bones

I just bought an 04 Ram1500 QC and didn't even notice the power door locks not working properly until 3 days later. The 3 passenger doors will unlock but not re-lock with either the fob or in door button. I checked both back harnesses and cables and found no breaks. Also the driver lock sometimes wont unlock completely(rise enough to allow me to open the door) I have read that maybe it's the instrument panel???
Can someone please help?

Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
lyndo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Caseys-dodge
It's weird how it's usually the wires in the back doors that break apart first. Are they a smaller gauge than the front wires? You would think that the wires in the drivers door harness would be the first to go (unless they are a heavier gauge). 75% of the time it's only me in the truck, rarely do I have more than 1 passenger, yet I have a few broken wires in both back doors.
i know its an old thread but this is most likely due to the back doors opening to nearly 90 degrees whereas the front doors don't open to such an extreme angle.

as for the previous post, I am unsure. Its weird that all doors barely have enough power to lock and unlock, if it was just one i would say its the lock actuator in that door but i doubt thats the problem if all 3 passenger doors do the same thing and sometimes the driver door. Props for searching though, hope someone can help ya.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:56 PM
2007dodgeramower

Originally Posted by RustProofCorn
i have a 2006 4 door dodge ram. about a year ago one rear door lock stopped working and now just recently the other rear door lock has stopped working.. i have searched the forums without finding the same exact problem.. the only fuse i could find for the door locks works all four of them and when i take the fuse out the front locks stop working when i put it in the front locks work again. they don't work with the fob for keyless entry or the switch on the driver door.. thank you for any help
2007 Dodge ram (4 door) rear driver door lock not actuating. Pulled boot back on door hinge and broken wire clear as day. Hope this helps any one else google searching this problem before they go purchase a new actuator.

Quick Reply: Rear door locks not working