3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire fitment issues with stock 20x9

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:14 AM
03celicagts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire fitment issues with stock 20x9

my trucks a 2006 1500 ram qc slt. Anyways a little while ago i took off my bfg A/T 305-55-r20 (no rubbing no wheel spacers used). And I had dick cepek fun country 305-55-r20 and had to use 1/4" spacers due to rub on the upper A-Arm. Anyways ever since installing ive gotten a front end shake at highway speeds. Ive had the wheels balanced out twice from the original installer and today i got them re balanced at another shop. This new shop said these tires were not needing abnormal amount of weight and were balancing out decently and that the vibration im getting in the steering wheel could be from the wheel spacers. Anybody had this problem? Im getting pissed off wasting time and money on tire balancing. I cant run these tires on the stock 20s without wheel spacers so now im lookin at some options. Please note too i just replaced my front rotors as well yesterday with ebc oem replacements so warped rotors arent causing my front end shake.

Anyways i was looking at dick cepek dc-2 in a 20x9 size. offset -13mm and backspacing 4.49". Will these give me the clearance i need from the a-arms with 305-55-r20 fun country

Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I went through the same thing. Seems to be a common issue with heavier tires.

Either have then road forced balanced or use balancing beads inside the tires.

Quick Reply: Tire fitment issues with stock 20x9