3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headlight upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Dakine69302
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight upgrade

I want to put new headlights on my truck but there are so many out there. I'm looking at all the Halo's, recon, spec-d, cg, etc and wondering if anyone has replaced their headlights, opinions, and how much brighter it will actually be. I'm looking for a blacked out or smoke style.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Autoanything has bunches of reviews on most of their products, have you checked there first...? Have you searched for other threads like yours? I'm betting not.....

I wanted Projectors on my truck too, but they aren't worth the $... at least to me... I'd rather put it into go-fast mods myself...

Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Dakine69302
Rookie

actually I did search for threads similar to mine. Didn't find anything helpful. I'm looking for someone that has done it or has experience with them. I'm glad they are not worth the money to you, but i am interested in "go-fast" mods as well as aesthetic mods. Again, looking for someone that has experience with halo's or aftermarket headlights...Most of all I want brighter...

Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Got_Mitch
Professional

I had a set of Anzo halo projectors on my truck for a few years. They are pretty much the same as the recon models.

Fit and finish was decent. And the projectors worked pretty good, very poor flood though. But when on the HWs at night Id just run low beam projectors and my fog lights for flood, so I basically never used my highbeams. So projectors are good, but flood sucked.

Worth the money. Im on the fence about that. Not sure if Id get them again for a new vehicle. Id probably just spend money on OEM headlights, upgrade the bulbs and turn signals to the best I can find.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 PM
TRO14
Banned

I just went to stock lights with black housings and a hid conversion kit. Look good, fairly inexpensive and puts out tons of light.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

HID Projectors are the way to go. They will be better than any other lighting kit out there. BE ADVISED..... there are NO HID projector headlights available on the market. Those you see on ebay are halogen projectors misadvertised and sold as HID Projectors. Will they work? Yes. But the light output will be horrible compared to true HID projectors.

As for halos, don't get caught up in these. They are for cosmetic purposes only. LED rings will be better than CCFL rings any day of the week. They are brighter, not fragile and connect directly to 12v

Experience with them? I've got more than plenty. I've done retrofits on many vehicles and bikes.

Quick Reply: headlight upgrade