3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Multi-Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:17 PM
klruff1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Truck is fixed, I traded it in! No more troubles and peace of mind! Thanks to you all for trying to help but I no longer had the patience to deal with his truck. Had it for 3.5 years and 24K miles and it was nothing but trouble from the drive home from the dealer after buying it when the cel went on, a forwarning of things to come.... definitely the best looking, sounding, and riding (when it did run) truck I've owned but by far the worst reliability bar none of any vehicle I have ever owned in 28 years of driving. Won't be buying a Dodge anytime soon if ever again. Horrible experience I will never forget. I know it can happen with any vehicle but this was one that I will forever remember and it never happened with any other vehicle I've owned and there must be at least 20 I've had.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:00 PM
jeffries.jeremy1995

My truck also has a bad mis. Mine is a 1998 Dodge Dakota SLT with the V6 Magnum and 4x4. For some reason I can't get the #4 and 6 to fire, and 2 is weak. This is what I've done so far:
1.All new plugs (Autolite double platinum)
2.All new plug wires
3.New rotor button and distributor cap
4.Good injectors from a junk yard

The engine light stays on and the whole truck shakes CONSTANTLY! I've done a cylinder contribution test and alls I can come up with on a fix is either a new PCM(bad injector drivers), blown intake manifold gasket, or a bad ground. The dead cylinders also keep gas fouling my plugs.
Help if you can.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 PM
r-g_richards
Rookie

Have your cats checked out. Ma had a lot of bad ones in late 90's early 2000's. I had 1 bad one on my 2000 with 125k kms on it and my son's 01 Dakota had 2 of the 3 that went bad. On another site I read about a guy who had 3 replaced under warranty before the warranty was up.

Quick Reply: Multi-Misfire