3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help with non working wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:15 PM
mrbb1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with non working wipers

OK I have a 2006 ram 2500, and today the wipers just worked, then stopped working, for no reason
I used th window washer, to squirt some water up, they worked, drove down the road, lots of salt on the roads from recent snow fall
and they wouldn't work?
switch seems to click as always when you trun it, I looked in the fuse bock,a nd there is NO fuse listed for the wipers??
I pulled a couple I thought might be on same loop, and all looked good
there is NO snow or ice about the wiper arms or blades, so don't feel its a ice deal/frozen up
it was only 20 degree;s outside however
so I had some things to do, got back to truck about 3 hrs later, truck was parked in the shade whole time
and they worked, but they are wiping slower than normal

does anyone know what fuse is for the wipers??
does anyone know where the connections are for them.motor is located at, so I can see if maybe there is just a poor connection, or

any suggestions on what my problem is??
greatly appreciate any suggestions/help here
need wipers in winter here bad! so??

Old 01-05-2014, 10:14 AM
seasonaleclipse
Amateur

Try using the window spray button. I know mine stop working sometimes but if I use the spray option it ends up working and then starts working again. Its my work around for it.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:41 PM
mrbb1
Professional

thanks, but tried that, didn't help

have to pull motor and clean, think as above, the grease in there is freezing, or motor is just bad
so will pull and clean and then see
as soon as weather allows that is, raining now, so??

Old 01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motor and contact set are under the cowel under the wipers themselves. Dodge put a really lousy design for wipers in these trucks, I've already replaced the entire assembly once due to the same problems you're having, and my are ofcourse intermittent already and they aren't a year old yet. As far as the fuse goes, I can't help as you have a tipm and mine is a pdc---2005 was the last year for those.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:21 PM
mrbb1
Professional

thanks
but right now I have bigger issues with the truck, so this is getting put on hold till I fix the current bigger issue
but will update as I get to it

Quick Reply: help with non working wipers