3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about replacing rear windshield

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Kris Heiselberg
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about replacing rear windshield

I'm thinking about replacing the rear windshield in my 04 QC from the standard sliding window to the fixed. Main reason for this, is to get the ability to heat the rear windshield during the wintermonths when we have snow here in Greenland. But my concern is, if it's hard to replace on your own and most importantly, if anybody knows if the wire for heating the windshield is somewhere in the cab under the seats, even though the truck is born with the sliding rear window?

Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 AM
SmokinJoe02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fixed rear window doesn't have rear defrost.

SJ03

Old 10-01-2014, 11:45 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I'm not mistaken the heated rear window wasn't an option until 2005, that's the earliest parts book I recall finding it in. Only one way to find out if the plug is there and that's to lift the seats and carpet. If it is, then you still need a relay (if there's a spot for it in the fusebox) and then it will work in conjunction with the heated mirrors. If not, the harness has a part#, but then you have to wire it in. This is something I was looking at doing at one point.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Will_V2Lab
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 04 has a solid rear window but no defrost. If you want to ditch your slider rear window let me know lol.

Quick Reply: Question about replacing rear windshield