3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
gcrichfi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default codes

I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 5.7l, it's acting weird throwing codes all the time. At first it was throwing transmission codes, put $600 in it at a shop and still no fix. (Told them is figure it out myself before I spend more money and time there.) I've had temp sensor code, throttle position sensor code, and transmission codes all pop up before, reset with scanner or by unhooking the battery. And everything is fine for awhile. Temp sensor or the throttle position sensor codes have never come back but the p0700 code is pretty common which puts the transmission in limp mode but all I have to do is turn the ignition off for a few seconds and restart the truck and is back to normal. Drive for a little while and the engine light shuts off. It can go for days and never throw the code or do it several times in one day. But now just a couple days ago I had the ETC system light flashin on the dash and had no throttle. Reset the battery and everything was fine. A few days before that, the truck started misfiring real bad and threw another code, misfire on cylinder 5, drove it home after work and it cleared up and the CEL went back off, now today on my way home I crackled the throttle pulling out onto the road and it started misfiring again only this time i had three codes, p0700 (transmissionbut the transmission was siding fine), p0303 (misfire on cylinder 3), and a new one p0522(oil pressure sensor low voltage/open circuit). Shut the truck off, unhooked the battery for a minute them everything was fine again. Drove it 15 miles the rest of the way home worth no issues.
It seems to me that there is something going on to cause all these random codes. It's driving me nuts because it isn't always the same code or the same driving conditions or weather. It is completely random and I'm stumped. Please can someone explain this?

Old 10-22-2014, 06:47 AM
tantofolder
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Often times, I see on this forum, that a bad ground can cause many different codes and issues.There are also many problems caused by a corroded fuse box,but believe that is a pretty expensive fix.I would check your grounds first.

Quick Reply: codes