3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Key Fob Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:58 PM
dss56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob Question

IS there a way to fix the key fob for a 2005 ram the plastic eyelet that the ring goes in broke. I see you can buy the whole case but then you need to get the key cut. Is there a way to replace the caes using the same key?
I now have 2 broken eyelet fob's and would like to fix both.

I also see on ebay selling the rubber cases that fit over it, will this do the job and work with other keys connected to it?

Anyone have a good fix of there own?

thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 09:01 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rubber case probably depends on the ring being intact. Mine's an '03. The fob and key are separate. I take it your fob includes the key?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:11 PM
dss56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the side that the eyelet is on the key is molded into that side of the case so when you buy a replacement you have to get the key re cut. I know its common for the eyelet to break but they should of made it so the eyelet was on the other half so no need to get the key side re-cut. That's to easy to make that way.
I thought I saw on some forum someone had a fix for the eyelet i'll have to keep searching.

thanks

Quick Reply: Key Fob Question