3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Camper to chassis wiring color codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 05:57 PM
metalguy21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camper to chassis wiring color codes

In '07 I had the Lance camper factory hook up their wiring to my Quad 2003 2500 Ram diesel. They tapped into the harness heading to the rear near the fuel filter area. I won't belabor the problems I'm having I just mainly want to know if they did it right (they were pretty much idiots so it's quite likely they did not). Here are the wires/colors they tapped into: Right turn; Black/Yellow, Left turn; Purple/Black, Tail/running lights; Brown/Red, Back up; Yellow/Pink. I used a good light and am pretty sure of the colors. Does this add up? I have downloaded the manual and no doubt it's in there but I guess I'm getting old, I can't decipher it.

Last edited by metalguy21; 06-06-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to insure that the wiring colors are correct is to get a download of the service manual (free from weedahoe). I ran a 7 pin harness from my connector in the bumper up to the camper and connected the 4 pin connector to the end of the harness.
Its a little more to deal with, but it works for me, and I don't have any piercings in my wire harness for the truck (corrosion).

Quick Reply: Camper to chassis wiring color codes