3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

STS Turbo and 8 new injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:36 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Turbo and 8 new injectors

Just got word of a package that may be avail soon. There is already an STS turbo hemi with 8 39# injectors (running actually. lol). FINE tuning is still in development but overall it's a working item. More info to come after SEMA.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM
05_black_beast
Professional
Default RE: STS Turbo and 8 new injectors

Sounds awesome. I can't wait for the info as I haven't decided on which forced induction route to go.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Avanti
Captain

Injector size means little, by itself, without the pump capacity and pressure to drive them. Then, one must consider typical and max duty-cycle for any given size. It's not unusual to see people use too large of an injector requiring too low a pump pressure for good atomization at low duty cycle.

Bottomline... bigger isn't always better.

We'll see how this shakes out.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:59 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

You're right Avanti. That's all important stuff. It's like putting the '04 fuel pump in the '03. The '03s have 49psi of fuel pressure and the '04s+ have 58. I put the '04 fuel pump in mine and got .6 richer on the wideband. I was able to remove 12% of utilization from my 9th injector to compensate which was my goal. HOWEVER, how is the fuel atomization with my injectors at 58psi? Don't know. lol! It accomplished my goal though.

But it's also no different than hooking up any of the Kenne Bell Boost-a-pumps or other FMU's that ramp up pressure to the injectors by taxing them at 150% which is a very common thing in F/I. Those walbro 250gph pumps are another popular item to "extra" drive the injectors.

I wouldn't look at this project of putting in larger injectors as a fuel atomization issue. Especially since they are designed to run in the 40 to 50psi range.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo and 8 new injectors