3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 08:49 PM
Joncarn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to fuel pump

I have a 2002 Ram 1500 quad cab with 4.7 v-8. Truck had a blown motor when I purchased it so I am working thru a lot of issues. Got the motor installed and it turns over but not getting fuel, no pressure at all in fuel rail. I was told the fuel pump was relatively new, but I can't verify. I checked the fuse and relay, both are good, even swapped with ones I confirmed are working. Checked the dark green/white strip wire at pump but nothing. Checked power at relay hot and it has power. Checked the same wire under the driver fender at plug and no power.
First, is the dark green/white strip wire the power supply to the pump and if so, how many volts should it read? Can this be a problem with the integrated power module?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:06 PM
rex941

Don't mean to treat you like a dummy but I don't know what you don't know.
Do you have any electrical troubleshooting skills?
Do you have a digital VOM?
Do you have access to the service manual or electrical schematics?

Maybe, I can help you, don't know. The fuel pump circuit is fairly simple but these things will speed up the process.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Joncarn

thanks for the reply, but I got it fixed. The person that had been working on it had unplugged the wiring harness under the front driver side fender.

Quick Reply: No power to fuel pump