3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 06:29 PM
jfotsch
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly

I noticed on my last throttle body cleaning that the German-made OEM throttle body I have has a back-bevel on the butterfly but the Canadian-made OEM one that came on the truck from the factory does not.
Anyone else notice this bevel? I remember reading somewhere that people were modifying original TB's in this way? I bought the German one from the dealership 6 or 7 years ago and it has a Chrysler emblem on it.
Have not noticed any difference in performance between the two? Have always had exceptional throttle response due to keeping my exhaust original other than the Y-pipe.
The picture of the dirty TB is about 30k on the German model and another picture of the clean side. I have the Canadian original on the truck right now; hence the hard-to-get picture.
Very curious if anyone has a factory-installed German TB. Have swapped them back and forth while cleaning one a few times and never noticed that before!
What does that bevel improve, if anything?

Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly-photo-38-.jpg   Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly-photo-39-.jpg   Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly-photo-40-.jpg   Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly-photo-29-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Back-bevel on throttle body butterfly