3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whining noise under the vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:05 PM
madmat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whining noise under the vehicle - Update

I just wanted to bump this thread up because my friend just bought a used 05 2500 hemi with 45000 kms and it drives him nuts hearing that whining noise. Just a thought, it wound'nt bea noisy pulley would it??? Anybody ever solve this issue?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whining noise under the vehicle - Update

My truck makes a whining noise at around 45mph and then at 60mph. In another thread it was described at the ring/pinoon or axle problem.

Two dealers have refused to take responsibilty! I think their policy is to do nothing for noise problems. They are a bunch of A-holes. I spend 23K on the truck and they do nothing. When a corporation shafts a large number of customers, is urban terrorism the only solution?

Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Mikegraves777

I have exact same issue anyone ever figure this out

Old 03-26-2014, 11:51 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikegraves777
I have exact same issue anyone ever figure this out
Mikegraves777,

I'm sorry to hear about your noise issue. Based on the symptoms described, I've had a chance to look into this further.

In some cases, if the whining noise is heard during a specific speed range, it may be related to gear noise. This can be caused by insufficient lubrication or possible gear damage. Shifting out of gear when the noise is loudest may change the noise heard and help to pinpoint the cause. A whine can also be associated with bearing noise. It would be beneficial to have your servicing facility have a closer look.

Keep us posted if you can.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Mikegraves777

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Mikegraves777,

I'm sorry to hear about your noise issue. Based on the symptoms described, I've had a chance to look into this further.

In some cases, if the whining noise is heard during a specific speed range, it may be related to gear noise. This can be caused by insufficient lubrication or possible gear damage. Shifting out of gear when the noise is loudest may change the noise heard and help to pinpoint the cause. A whine can also be associated with bearing noise. It would be beneficial to have your servicing facility have a closer look.

Keep us posted if you can.
Three people have looked at it and the last person said he thinks it may be a dry seal but I don't know about that mine is not speed related, it is somewhere around the transmission area and noise comes on as truck gets warmed up it is not there when cold also when u open the hood u can barely hear it. Took belt off completely and noise is still there. It is literally like a loud whining noise that is hear clearly over cherry bomb extreme exhaust. I jus bought the truck and it is an 08 with 26000 miles on it which leads me to believe truck may have say for awhile based on mileage or it jus was not driven often at all

Old 03-27-2014, 04:52 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Three people have looked at it and the last person said he thinks it may be a dry seal but I don't know about that mine is not speed related, it is somewhere around the transmission area and noise comes on as truck gets warmed up it is not there when cold also when u open the hood u can barely hear it. Took belt off completely and noise is still there. It is literally like a loud whining noise that is hear clearly over cherry bomb extreme exhaust. I jus bought the truck and it is an 08 with 26000 miles on it which leads me to believe truck may have say for awhile based on mileage or it jus was not driven often at all
Mikegraves777,

During your trips to the shop, has any work been completed, or components replaced?

Old 03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Mikegraves777

No one has replaced
Anything because no one knows where to start cause no one seems to know exactly what it is

Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

No one has replaced
Anything because no one knows where to start cause no one seems to know exactly what it is
Mikegraves777,

I'm not sure sure if you have had an opportunity visit a Dodge dealer yet, but our dealership's staff professional technicians who specialize in Dodge vehicles. Dodge dealers have also have technical support resources available to efficiently locate the cause of your concern.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Mikegraves777

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Mikegraves777,

I'm not sure sure if you have had an opportunity visit a Dodge dealer yet, but our dealership's staff professional technicians who specialize in Dodge vehicles. Dodge dealers have also have technical support resources available to efficiently locate the cause of your concern.
It has been to two dodge
Dealerships first one
Said its normal which clearly
It's not cause I have never eRd the noise on any other dodge and second one told me they think it's a dry seal and that driving the truck it way go away but nothing to worry about, my point is the thing is so ridiculously annoying I have cherry bomb extreme exhaust and it is louder than the exhaust at idle

Old 04-02-2014, 02:37 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

It has been to two dodge
Dealerships first one
Said its normal which clearly
It's not cause I have never eRd the noise on any other dodge and second one told me they think it's a dry seal and that driving the truck it way go away but nothing to worry about, my point is the thing is so ridiculously annoying I have cherry bomb extreme exhaust and it is louder than the exhaust at idle
Mikegraves777,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to have your issue addressed. Keep an eye on your PM inbox.

Quick Reply: Whining noise under the vehicle