3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trucks Back / Transmission update: P0876 code

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trucks Back / Transmission update: P0876 code

Well I got the truck back today. I hope it stays working. The problem, my transmission solenoid was frozen. Would not allow the truck to go through the gears and kept it in 3rd the whole time. Nothing major, thank God. Now for future searching I am going to detail the problem and the fix.

Problem:
While Driving and in OD, truck downshifts to 3rd real hard, check engine light on and beeping. As long as truck is in drive, you are in 3rd, even when you come to a complete stop. I was able to force it into 2nd a couple of times with the shifter however 1st and OD wasn't grabbing. I was able to get into reverse, but went in kinda hard as well. Code: P0876 found on scanner

Fix:
Replace transmission solenoid. According to the dealer they dropped the trans pan and valve body assembly. Replaced solenoid. Reassembled, topped fluids, road tested.

I am not a tranny guy, so this is the best I can do on the explanation.

NOW I WANT MY AIR HORNS!!!!!! I get them tomorrow... [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 10:31 PM
transman35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trucks Back / Transmission update: P0876 code

Hello, They changed the Governor Pressure Solenoid and Governor Pressure sensor. This is a common problem with these transmissions. I don't know why they dropped the VB though, they didn't have to.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:08 AM
jose13b
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this sensor on the outside

Old 11-20-2010, 11:18 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the solenoid pack contains all of the solenoids that the tranny uses. it is located under the VB.

this is actually an easy job that can be done in the drive way.

Quick Reply: Trucks Back / Transmission update: P0876 code