4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:03 PM
APRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=APRAM;3191216]Look at post 19 and 22 of this thread, there is a link to the pictures that will show you what wires to cut under the dash and what wires to spice into behind the cluster.

Make sure you do not cut the wires at the cluster these are to be sliced only.[/QUOTE

Of course I meant spliced not spiced or sliced.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 PM
HaoTran

Three wire is going ground ?

Old 02-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Jorge Martino

hi, im new here. Looking for a little help, i did the evic mod to my 2009 dodge ram 1500 3.7, i lost my horn. I was checking on the wireing mod, ilet see if i understand, i have to splice the cables at the cluster and run them down the new added cables down to the plug on the steering colum, cut them from the plug and add the new cables to the plug, Now, the ground tyat i cut at the plug, not the end at the plug, the oter end wich i guess is coming from the cluster, that one i have to ground it to metal, im i right? Please, let me know if im right, if not tell me please how it needs to be done, . i will really appreciate. Thanks in advance..

Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Jorge Martino

hi, did you did this mod? It went good? Can you ease help me?i did the evic mod to my 2009 dodge ram 1500 3.7, i lost my horn. I was checking on the wireing mod, ilet see if i understand, i have to splice the cables at the cluster and run them down the new added cables down to the plug on the steering colum, cut them from the plug and add the new cables to the plug, Now, the ground tyat i cut at the plug, not the end at the plug, the oter end wich i guess is coming from the cluster, that one i have to ground it to metal, im i right? Please, let me know if im right, if not tell me please how it needs to be done, . i will really appreciate. Thanks in advance..

Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 PM
Demarcus Mrbigshot Lampley
Default Need help with wiring evic

I need help I’m unsure about the 3 wire mod. Do i need to cut the wires under the steering column and do i also need to cut the ground wire?

Old 03-28-2019, 01:43 PM
EDS451

Originally Posted by Demarcus Mrbigshot Lampley
I need help I’m unsure about the 3 wire mod. Do i need to cut the wires under the steering column and do i also need to cut the ground wire?
Read post 55. Everything you need to do in this thread.
Good luck

Old 03-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Demarcus Mrbigshot Lampley

I looked at that post and the pics are a little un clear to me i get it now do not cut the ground just splice into it but do i need to cut the other 2 wires from the plug and connect them to the 2 wires that i spliced into the instrument cluster?

Old 08-13-2019, 06:46 PM
Jon Hirschmann

2010 dodge ram st.
so ive tried this with 3 dif guage cluster 2 dif steering wheels and wiring harnesses and cant get power to buttons.I did setup just as posted in pics but no joy. Found old stail buttons ( 2 on each side ) going to give that a try but theirs no moun on the steering wheel to mount cruise control (under wheel style) only on my old steering wheel.

Last edited by Jon Hirschmann; 08-17-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:14 PM
TheStapler
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 st, have no buttons on my wheel, no cruise or anything. I added the evic cluster and wheel from a 2012 and the cluster works, but have to horn and the buttons don’t work. Do I do the 3 wires mod?

also, sorry to revive an old post

Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM
EDS451

Originally Posted by TheStapler
I have a 2012 st, have no buttons on my wheel, no cruise or anything. I added the evic cluster and wheel from a 2012 and the cluster works, but have to horn and the buttons don’t work. Do I do the 3 wires mod?

also, sorry to revive an old post
I had to tap into the circuit behind the instrument panel to make my wheel buttons work. I have since sold the truck. Good luck.

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram